HR Generalist - Payroll-Benefits Specialist
Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits
A well-established and growing Bend organization is growing their team!
Where You Get to Live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114.
What You Get to Do!
This a new role and will have responsibility over all things HR, Payroll & Benefits related.
- Create, implement, maintain, and evaluate all HR policies and procedures and structures, including maintaining company handbook, training materials and SOPs.
- Maintain employee records relating to hiring, transferring, promoting and terminating
- Process and track all paperwork for unemployment claims and file appeals when necessary.
- Respond to requests for information from employees and outside agencies.
- Respond to employee questions and resolve issues in a timely and professional matter
- Process all personnel action forms.
- Partner with management to address ongoing issues, provide guidance and assist with documentation.
- Facilitate and document annual employee review process.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all employee information.
- Complete semi-monthly payroll process for all hourly, salaried and commission-based employees. Maintain good record keeping of all payroll files.
- Understand and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Perform all duties necessary for overall time and attendance administration and maintenance. Maintain T&A system for reporting, auditing and communication to leadership team and employees. Maintain accurate company wage guidelines.
- Respond to employee and leadership team questions and concerns regarding paychecks, time reporting, PTO and pay policies
- Assist with year-end audits, worker’s compensation audits, 401(k) audits and regulatory filings. Handle requests for wage verification, levies and garnishments
- Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value.
- Design, recommend and implement new benefits programs. Examine possible plan designs and benefits cost changes.
- Negotiate with vendors and administrators for best plans, options and rates.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations and changes.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
- Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the company's stance.
- Perform plan audits. Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments. Review data in conjunction with actuarial evaluation task forces.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
- Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions.
What You Will Need:
- A minimum of three years of experience of HR and payroll experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or HR Certification preferred
- Ability to pick up new software tools quickly
- Previous experience working on an ADP platform preferred
- Knowledge of current Human Resource processes, practices and employment laws
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, problem solving and presentation skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to define problems, research, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Familiar with payroll processes and the accounting principles of payroll
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Work self-sufficiently, be self-directed
- Be organized and efficient under pressure, prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans
- Handle company records and information discreetly
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702