Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits
A leading a Central Oregon based homebuilder is seeking an experienced Controller for their team!
What You Get to Do:
The primary duties of the Controller are to plan, organize, direct, measure, and analyze the day-to-day accounting activities. The Controller will support the CFO in the day-to-day accounting activities of the organization and prepare financial statements and other financial analysis needed for Executive Management. This position is a Managerial position and requires strong technical, supervisorial, and interpersonal skills. The following duties are applicable to all consolidating and non-consolidating entities involved in the business.
- Create and maintain all department policies, processes and procedures including internal controls and the proper completion of financial transactions.
- Prepare and report financial results in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) together with financial and accounting policies established by the company.
- Manage reconciliation of accounts for monthly and annual closing.
- Apply job cost accounting methods to construction jobs and other Company projects.
- Prepare financial forecasts, analysis and other reports for management to understand the financial state of the business.
- Interpret loan agreements and other critical financial documents.
- Manage tax reporting compliance and filings.
- Participate in preparation of annual audit.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Finance for JV entities to regularly combine all consolidating entities.
- Responsible for the budgeting process and must ensure that all budgets input in the computerized accounting and construction systems reflect contractual or estimated contractual liabilities at all times.
- Hold the primary responsibility for the successful implementation and management of accounting information system applications.
- Oversee monitoring of all financial reporting from third party companies, as well as ensure that financial reports are prepared within established timelines.
- Train, coach, manage accounting personnel in the use of accounting policies and procedures to maximize productivity.
What You Will Need:
- 10+ years of accounting experience required, CPA license a plus.
- Bachelors’ in Accounting or Finance, preferred.
- Experience with a homebuilder or residential construction a plus.
- Good understanding of accounting terminology and functions including preparing, entering and understanding journal entries.
- Experience with multi-entity accounting structures.
- Able to work proficiently in Microsoft Word and Outlook programs with exceptional Excel skills a must.
- General knowledge of Sage Timberline, Concur, Budget Pak and Office products helpful
- Excellent organization, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet timelines and work on a multitude of projects at one time.
- Adaptable to fast paced work environment.
- Strong work ethic with a high level of integrity both in and out of work environment.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- A passion for the work you do and the people you do it with!
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702