Located in Toronto, ON
Warehouse Supervisor (Day Shift)
Our client, a market leading supplier of plumbing, HVAC and electrical supplies in Scarborough (near Midland and Ellesmere), is looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to add to their growing team.
BENEFITS TO YOU:
- Pay rate: $18-20/hr. depending on experience
- Full-time, long term opportunity
- Opportunity for a long-term career with a well-established company
- Conveniently located near Midland and Ellesmere, TTC Accessible
- 2-5 years’ experience as a team lead/supervisor in a warehouse/ distribution environment
- Experience working in a very fast paced environment
- Extensive experience in coordinating and supervising shipping, receiving, deliveries, order picking and inventory process
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Flexible and can work well with a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Computer savvy, experience in shipping software and ERP system is an asset
- Must be able to do heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. regularly
- Must be able to stand and walk the whole day with repeated bending, twisting, squatting, kneeling and lifting.
- Completed High School diploma or equivalent
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Supervise 6 or more staff members
- Pick and pack orders of by hand, in preparation for shipping to customers in compliance with material handling procedures. Attention to detail is critical!
- Load and unload delivery trucks both by hand bombing and using equipment.
- Stock inventory when replenishment shipments come in.
- Receive and examine incoming material for discrepancies/damages.
- Record shipping/receiving logs in an orderly fashion
- Perform accurate cycle counts of inventory
- Ship and receive orders using appropriate shipping software
- Use data management system to track orders and answer questions for team members and customers alike
- Assist couriers and delivery drivers with manifest information and work to maximize delivery efficiency
- Perform duties using a safety-conscious attitude, improving safety knowledge of all employees
- Maintain a clean work area
- Perform other duties as assigned (cleaning/sweeping warehouse, maintenance, special projects, etc.)
This is an excellent full-time work opportunity with a well – established company located in Scarborough. Work hours are from Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
We appreciate and thank all applicants; however, we will only contact those qualified for the position for an interview.
Express Office: Toronto (North)
1110 Finch Avenue West
Toronto, ON M3J 2T2