Total Rewards Manager - Benefits and Compensation
Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits
One of Central Oregon’s leading HR teams is seeking an experienced Total Rewards Manager!
Where You Get to Live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114
What You Get to Do!
Responsible for overseeing all benefits and compensation programs, including all aspects of Company health benefits programs, voluntary benefits and all aspects of the Company’s compensation programs, including implementation and maintenance of hourly and salary compensation structures, completion of compensation reviews and oversight of pay increase cycles.
- Manage all aspects of the health benefits programs, including group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, other voluntary benefits and EAP. Continuously monitor and report on performance of benefit plans, including overall claims experience, high claimants and pharmacy spend, and participate in assessment of cost projections and necessary premium adjustments. Provide guidance, support and coaching to the Benefits team members, with an emphasis on continual improvement of systems, processes and reporting to ensure efficient and effective operations. Continually review and recommend new approaches and programs to managing health plan costs while improving experiences for members. Investigate new benefit programs, recommending changes where appropriate and improving existing programs, including voluntary benefit programs. For all benefits programs, build and maintain productive vendor relationships to ensure delivery of maximum value and service to covered members. Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and ensure all employer filings are completed on a timely basis.
- Oversee administration of compensation programs and support development and implementation of new programs, including base pay and bonus compensation programs. Participate in bonus compensation cycles to ensure accuracy and efficiency. Provide advice and guidance to management on compensation questions and issues, including individual compensation reviews and placement of positions within compensation programs and structures. Supervise participation in both exempt and nonexempt salary surveys. Keep apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure company compliance. Manage, coach and develop team members supporting compensation programs.
- Partner with the Company’s third-party administrator to ensure efficient and compliant administration of the Retirement Plan. This includes reporting and regular reviews to show retiree and Plan activity and confirm compliance with Plan provisions.
- Support communications regarding compensation and benefits programs (“Total Rewards”) to improve understanding and drive employee engagement and retention.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business or related field.
- 7+ years employee benefit management experience; with a minimum of 3 years compensation management experience.
- Strong knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, ACA, IRS, FLSA and minimum wage regulations in the states/locales in which we do business.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Strong employee coaching, development and leadership skills with an emphasis on proactively seeking continual improvements.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs/options.
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702