Located in Toronto, ON
Our client, a well-established manufacturing company located in North York (near Finch and Dufferin) is looking for a Purchasing Specialist to add to their team.
What’s in it for you:
- Salary of up to $55K (based on experience)
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits (after probationary period)
- Opportunity to work in a stable company
- TTC accessible
Key responsibilities of the role:
- issue purchase orders and request quotes from vendors
- purchase of raw materials such as aluminum, steel, metal, hardware, paint, chemicals for production
- place orders in a timely manner and follow up for on time delivery
- receive inventory and enter into system
- negotiate pricing, delivery and terms, including pricing for new items
- make decisions on when to issue PO’s grouping of orders to save on costs, etc.
- maintain vendor/ supplier relationship
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in purchasing raw materials, metals, nuts, bolts, etc.
- Must have experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment, automotive manufacturing is an asset
- Experience in creating purchase orders, work orders, following up on orders and deliveries
- Experience managing vendors and suppliers
- Experience in using an ERP system, experience with E2 ShopTech an asset
- Excellent attention to details, high sense of urgency
- Understanding of measurement, capable of measuring size of parts, diameter, etc. using measuring tape
The work hours are from Monday to Friday, 7am to 3:30pm.
This is an immediate opening, so if you meet the qualifications and are interested, please email your resume as a MS Word document to email@example.com and put the Job Title in the email subject line.
We appreciate and thank all applicants, however we will only contact those qualified for the position for an interview.
Express Office: Toronto (North)
1110 Finch Avenue West
Toronto, ON M3J 2T2