Land Use Planner
Located in Redmond, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits
A well-stablished Civil Engineering firm in beautiful Redmond, Oregon is looking to add a Land Use Planners to our team. You will work alongside a team of professionals providing support for a wide variety of site development and infrastructure improvement projects.
Where You Get to Live!
Redmond, Oregon sits in the heart of the Central Oregon region and is located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Redmond at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv0HH_emATc
What You Get to Do!
The Land Use Planner will provide support for site development projects by applying land use policy and regulations and managing the preparation of land use entitlement documents.
- Perform timely and accurate property, zoning, and utility research investigation and through telephone/in-person inquiries to ensure compliance with municipal land use regulations
- Analyze, assess and breaking down complex issues affecting property, transportation networks, utility infrastructure, etc. to respond to client inquiries, assessing the feasibility of property development, and creating a path forward.
- Develop clearly written and detailed scopes of work for proposals
- Coordinate with clients on project data and scheduling
- Prepare, organize and coordinate with project team members, submitting required materials (may include land use applications that require plats, rezones, conditional use, and site plan reviews) and coordinate pre-application conferences as necessary
- Set up, organize, and present materials attend neighborhood meetings and hearings
- Effective and efficient coordinating with in-house engineering and surveying
- Assist with the preparation and submittal of high-quality applications for complex technical land use permits and entitlements covering a diverse range of projects
- Create, organize, and maintain project schedules, defining critical paths, and tracking milestone dates
- Develop and maintain effective positive working relationships with co-workers, clients, permitting agency staff, and other project team members
- Taking personal responsibility for completing quality work within budgets and timelines
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture, Geography, or related field or equivalent work experience is required
- A minimum of one year of experience performing land use planning/land development related activities
- Critical thinking abilities and creative and realistic solutions
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting deadlines; and prioritize workload
- Excellent written communication skills including letter and report writing, preferably land use permit applications
- Experience interpreting and applying City and County Comprehensive Plans and Development Codes
- Excellent speaking skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, clients, permitting agency staff, and other project team members
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and scheduling software
- Proficiency in or ability to learn AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Basic knowledge of civil engineering and land surveying is very helpful
- A passion for the work you do and the people you do it with!
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702