Located in Durham, NC
Express Employment Professionals is hiring a Systems Administrator for a contract-to-hire position in the RTP area of Durham, NC.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, with a pay rate between $25-$30/hour. There is some opportunity for remote work, but some work will need to be performed on-site.
As a Systems Administrator, you would be responsible for performing systems installation, upgrades, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Cisco WAN (wide area network) and LAN (local area network). As part of a small team, you would also be responsible for providing on-site and remote technical support for internal employees in day-to-day operations.
- Provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of Windows based system hardware and software.
- Administer servers, client PCs, printers, phones, mobile devices, software deployment, security updates, and patches.
- Manage Active Directory users and devices.
- Provide asset management and inventory control for all hardware and software in use.
- Assure proper licensure for software in use.
- Ensure the highest possible uptime and availability of corporate systems and employee applications.
- Performs system backups and restores files.
- Administers user rights and security.
- Administers email user accounts and email groups.
- Supports and maintains network infrastructure.
- Assist in the assessment, purchase, and upgrade of all hardware and software.
- Working with and managing vendors.
- Provides telephone, email, and face-to-face technical support for internal employees.
- Provides hands-on and remote diagnosis and resolution for desktops, laptops, mobile devices, applications, and operating systems.
- Acts as primary support for all network printers, copiers, and fax machines.
- Opens tickets and detail user problems in the IT Help Desk system.
- Create and maintain system documentation.
- Provide users training on network security awareness and introduction to new technologies.
- Help plan and implement technology projects.
- Supports the organization’s Intranet.
- Provide after-hours support as needed during night and weekends.
- Participate in scheduled after-hours maintenance and projects.
- 4+ years of experience with IT systems administration and support.
- Knowledge of Cisco LAN/WAN environment and Dell server technologies.
- Technical certifications a plus (Network+, CCENT, CCNA, MCITP, MCSA)
- Detailed knowledge of PC systems, hardware, and peripherals.
- Must have excellent knowledge and understanding of Microsoft products, including Windows 10, Windows Server, Microsoft Office, and Exchange system.
- Knowledge of macOS, iOS, and Android operating systems.
- Ability to communicate technical and non-technical information effectively, both orally and in writing to end users.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Basic Project Management skills.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we want to hear from you!
Email your resume today to email@example.com with the subject “Systems Administrator” for immediate consideration.
Express Office: Durham
5306 NC Highway 55
Durham, NC 27713