Located in Littleton, CO
Salary: $18.00 - $20.00/hr DOE
Express Employment Professionals is a professional staffing company dedicated to helping local businesses find local people. Our client located in Littleton, CO is looking for several Metal Treaters/Finishers for both 1st Shift (6am – 4:30pm Monday-Thursday) and 2nd Shift (4:30pm – 3am Monday-Thursday.) Compensation is $18-$20/hr depending on experience. The Metal Treater ensures quality finishes on all production parts that will be shipped to customers and distributors. The job entails using sulfuric acid to treat metals, doing color anodizing using black and gold.
Benefits / Perks:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Life insurance
- Weekly pay
- Referral Bonuses
- Ensure a quality finish is maintained to maximize product performance and allow for customer satisfaction
- Ensure process checks are made in accordance with procedures to ensure high quality processes with company specifications, minimizing scrap and rework.
- Expedite the movement of parts throughout the department, to allow for timely next step production.
- Ensure proper water treatment procedures are maintained, eliminating the possibility of governmental citing against disposal of hazardous material.
- Work from routings and a print, the incumbent is responsible to determine the processes necessary to be followed within the department, to ensure quality production of all parts. In the absence of routings or prints, the incumbent will consult with the supervisor in determining the next process scheduled.
- Responsible for working the part through the processes of the department expeditiously and accurately while ensuring a quality finish. This includes removing cutting oil residue from parts, ensuring a clean finish through the use of either the washer. Impregnating the parts, minimizing the porosity which can adversely affect the performance of the product. Maintaining impregnation resins and chemistry to recommended specifications on a regular basis.
- Plating certain parts, through anodizing. This procedure is imperative for those parts where the possibility of an electric current interfering with the performance of the part is likely. Anodizing the part will prevent possible malfunction of the product. Must maintain chemical titrations and maintenance for the anodizing process.
- Responsible to ensure the parts are moved to final inspection for quality approval.
- Ensure the chemical solutions are disposed out property.
- Train others within the department to insure flexibility and versatility of all employees of the department.
- Move parts expeditiously through the plating and painting procedures, while insuring quality is maintained throughout.
- High School Degree or equivalent required. Must be familiar with various measuring instruments used for checking the quality of work performed and be able to work from shop drawings.
- Regularly sit, stand and walk for up to 12 hours with intermittent breaks.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Visual Color Discrimination - The ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
- Ability to quickly make coordinated movements of one hand, a hand together with its arm, or two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Forklift Certified
- Ability to climb 6 foot ladder
Express Office: Littleton
1709 West Littleton Boulevard
Littleton, CO 80120