Located in Woodland, WA
Express Employment Professionals is seeking an experienced Manual Machinist for a 3 month contract for our client company in Cowlitz County, WA.
Schedule: 6:30am to 3:00pm Monday through Friday,
We are seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Manual Machinist. The qualified candidate will perform set-up and operation of various machine tools in order to accomplish production machinery functions. A desired candidate is able to work independently and as part of a team and is hard working. This role will tend one or more machine tools, special purpose machines to create metal work to specifications on production basis.
• Experience in Lathes and Mills both vertical and horizontal.
• Working with carbon and stainless steel 1/4 inch to 5 inch.
• Uses milling, drilling, grinding, and other manual machines.
• Reads blueprints and engineering details.
• Operates various equipment to manufacture parts including: milling, grinding, turning, boring, drilling and tapping.
• May operate material handling equipment, including: forklifts, hoists, cranes, or dollies.
• May perform finishing operations, including: de-burring and assembly using screws, nuts and bolts.
• Monitors and maintains production machines.
• Lifts work piece manually or using hoist and secures work piece in fixture.
• Inspects and measures machined work pieces to verify conformance to specifications.
Moves machine controls and guides to adjust machine.
• Replaces worn machine accessories such as cutting tools.
• Adds coolant to machine reservoir and turns valve to start flow of coolant.
• May perform limited warehouse functions. Performs cleanup of work area.
• Exposure to moderate levels of noise, heat, and other factors from production and warehouse areas.
• Lifting up to 50 pounds throughout the day.
• Repetitive hand movement and standing, sitting, kneeling, bending, pushing & pulling.
• Ideal work schedule Monday-Friday.
• Indoor work environment in a manufacturing setting.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Have 5+ years’ experience at journeyman level.
• Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
•Able to compute rate, ratio and percent.
Benefits of working with Express:
• Medical benefits
• Sick pay
• Referral bonuses
At Express, we will assess your skills, offer you interview and resume writing tips, and work with you to find a job that fits your needs and abilities. You will never pay a fee at Express and you will have the opportunity to earn benefits. We have filled more than 200 jobs this month and we want to talk to you! To find our more, contact us today!
- We take phone interviews 9am-2pm
- Address:1208 Washington Way in Longview
- Complete the application on our website www.expresscowlitzcounty.com
- Submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Express Employment Professionals at 360-225-0700 to speak with a hiring manager (Mon-Fri, 8am to 5:00pm).
"All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws."
Express Office: Longview
1208 Washington Way
Longview, WA 98632