Facilities Staff Position- EVENING SHIFT
Located in Homewood, AL
Salary: $12.00 /hr. to start
Full time opening in the Facilities Department at a beautiful, established church in Homewood, Al.
EVENING SHIFT: Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Friday: 11:30am to 8:00pm, Wednesday: 12:00pm to 8:30pm; Thursday Off; Saturday: As needed for weddings and other events (avg 6 per year). Training will be during morning shift hours.
$12.00 /hr. to start
- Responsible for set-up, appearance and cleanliness of church bldg. & grounds.
- Set up and take down of various classrooms, dining halls, and other rooms as needed for worship services, classes, dinners, and meetings; involves tables, chairs and other equipment.
- Keep the buildings clean, attractive, and well maintained, including general organization and light cleaning tasks.
- Keep the grounds clean, attractive, and well maintained.
- Assist maintenance team with repairs to lighting and electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc. – GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE!
- Recent experience with cleaning, maintenance, grounds or janitorial work.
- MUST be able to work schedule, especially SUNDAYS (every for 2nd shift; 1/mo for 1st)
- Able to safely lift up to 50 lbs. and access/walk church buildings & grounds.
- Experience using basic hand tools.
- Reliable transportation; punctual.
- Able to follow directions, work independently and stay on task; take pride in your work
- 100% honest and ethical
- Good teamwork and collaboration skills
- Background check; drug-free workplace
You Choose How to Apply:
Express Office: Birmingham (South)
200 Cahaba Park Circle
Birmingham, AL 35242