Located in Cantonment, FL
• Perform routine, emergency and preventative maintenance of forklifts.
• Interpret manufacturer's technical manuals to perform the necessary maintenance and repairs needed.
• Troubleshoot forklift problems to include brake, electrical and hydraulic systems, detect imperfections, potential problems, safety issues and/or malfunctions.
• Able to diagnose and repair mast and attachment components.
• Good working knowledge of brake systems and tire/wheel changes.
• Ability to work on LP, gas and diesel systems.
• Replace broken or defective parts from stock parts and/or order replacement parts for major repairs.
• Reassemble forklifts and make all necessary adjustments for effective and safe operation.
• Perform safety inspection of forklifts prior to being released back to the work floor.
• Cleaning of equipment and other areas as required.
• Ensure work area and methods used in carrying out job duties meet safety requirements.
• Maintain an organized and neat work area.
• Competent to complete legible service documents and logs for preventative maintenance tasks.
• Learn new technical information and techniques to stay current with changing technology.
• Two or more years of experience in a related field, including maintenance of various lift trucks such as Hyster, Cat and Mitsubishi with lift ratings up to 12,000 lbs.
• Manufacturing, automotive, military or recent trade school graduates with applied skills.
• Solid foundation of mechanical aptitude and ability along with knowledge of industrial electricity up to 440 volts would be preferred.
• Valid driver's license and ability to pass a drug screen.
• Able to work safely and follow company rules and procedures.
Express Office: Pensacola
7100 Plantation Road
Pensacola, FL 32504