Machine Operator - Niles
Located in Niles, MI
Salary: $14.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Location: Niles, MI
- Position Type: Full-Time, Evaluation Hire
- Pay/Salary: $14.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Schedule: 1st Shift, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, 2nd Shift, 4:00 pm - 12:00am, 3rd Shift, 12:00 am - 8:00 am
Responsibilities/Duties of Machine Operator:
- Initiate known work duties and/or receive instructions from the supervisor.
- Operate take-up machines, strip wire off bobbins, rewind scrap
- Use forklift to move the process to rewinder area, move finished material to staging areas, stage skids of empty spools
- Rack bobbins on skids with use of forklift and/or hoist
- Band bobbins to skids with the use of banding and bander equipment
- Check machines and equipment for operating conditions as required.
- Use hand tools to perform various wire functions as required.
- Perform minor machine repairs.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Complete paperwork accurately.
- Complete necessary entries on the manufacturing data entry system.
- Maintain proper quality standards.
- Observe all safety rules.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
Qualifications for Machine Operator:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 1-year prior experience working in manufacturing
- Forklift experience is preferred
- Good work ethic; punctual and dependable
- Proven ability to be detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals of Southwest Michigan is a local employment agency that has been helping people find jobs in Southwest Michigan since 2007. Our goal is to find permanent, long-term positions at some of the best companies in our area. We want to help you find that perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you'll never pay a fee for our services and support.
Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment needs, including:
- Light Industrial
- Skilled Trades
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Free Online Training
- Chances to win cash and prizes!
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit our website at Express Employment Professionals of SWMI, or like/follow us on Facebook.
Express Office: Saint Joseph
4070 Red Arrow Highway
Saint Joseph, MI 49085