Separator Operator 2nd Direct Hire
Located in York Haven , PA
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00/hr DOE
Length of assignment: Direct Hire
As Separator Operator, the primary function of your role is to monitor the Separator, Mixer and Load Out assemblies. Responsibilities are often performed independently with little direct supervision. By applying your industrial and mechanical experience, you will support Titan America’s drive for operational excellence. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Promote and actively pursue Safety First mentality and provide feedback on process and safety improvements.
- Operate the Separator using touch screen technology and adjust as required for the safe, efficient operation of the equipment.
- Perform quality control testing by weighing and analyzing ash for carbon content to adjust the ash separation process as necessary.
- Load bulk unit trucks correctly using computerized automated process, providing legal weights and proper product for customer delivery and/or pick-up in a manner to minimize spillage and dust.
- Identify and troubleshoot problem areas/breakdowns of Separator. Perform preventive maintenance tasks as outlined by preventive maintenance program and Operations Manager. The most common maintenance tasks include changing oil, changing belts, lubricating bearings, etc.
- Maintain courteous, professional and positive attitude while working with customers, employees and utility operations in a team environment.
- Ensure attention to detail, accurate data entry and customer service.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Operations Manager and the rest of the operating crew by relaying instructions to follow-on shifts.
- Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment accustomed to working around heavy equipment and being exposed to a hazardous work environment.
- Basic computer experience is required (Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel).
- Basic understanding of how to operate basic hand tools.
- Ability to understand and execute written and oral instructions and relay instructions to follow-on shifts.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work shift schedule; inclusive of weekends and holidays as required.
- Physical job requirements include working outdoors with exposure to heat and cold, constant standing and walking, climbing, working from heights as well as lifting to 25 pounds.
- Working Environment: Works both indoors and outdoors throughout the year – being exposed to extreme heat and cold. Separator Operators are constantly around ash dust and dirt. Adequate safety and personal protective equipment is issued to the employee including: hard hats, safety shoes and goggles. Often the Separator Operator is required to work alone or independently with little direct supervision, so the individual must be capable of making sound decisions about plant operations. The plant is operational 24 hours per day, 5 days per week; therefore, operators will be assigned to shift duties.
Ways to Apply:
- CALL TODAY FOR A PHONE INTERVIEW 717-718-HIRE (4473)
- Resumes may be emailed to Jobs.YorkPA@ExpressPros.com
- Stop by our office at 2210 E. Market St. York, Pa 17402
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions. Benefits available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan/Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Scholarship Program
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com
Express Office: York
2210 East Market Street
York, PA 17402