Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift - South Haven
Located in South Haven, MI
Salary: Starting at $25.00/hour (BOE)
- Location: South Haven, MI
- Position Type: Full-Time, Direct Hire
- Pay/Salary: $25+ per hour
- Schedule: 3rd Shift
Responsibilities/Duties of Maintenance Technician:
- Performs industrial maintenance duties for thermo processing and forming equipment including labeling and packaging machines.
- Will also maintain and perform preventative maintenance activities for all industrial production equipment, as well as, facility and grounds.
- Troubleshoot PLC’s.
- Complete scheduled preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Respond to production needs as they occur on the production floor.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation of maintenance records.
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Follow company guidelines to produce a safe and quality product.
- Comply with company policy, quality, and safety standards; such as wearing safety glasses/hearing protection when on the plant floor.
- Maintain housekeeping in the work area and adjacent areas throughout the shift.
Qualifications for Maintenance Technician:
- A high school diploma or equivalent required
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities, and analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Own your own tools
- Experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, and electrical.
- Experience with plastics processing equipment including grinders and shredders etc.
- The ability to distinguish between different types of plastic material such as polystyrene, polypropylene, and high-density polyethylene.
- Fabrication experience is preferred
- Forklift driving experience is preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work effectively with key coworkers, including department managers, line operators, quality assurance personnel, and contractors.
- Able to troubleshoot electrical, hydraulic systems, and pneumatic equipment. Strong electrical background in addition to mechanical skills.
- Experience with computerized or automated controls and the ability to read electrical schematics a plus.
- Self-motivated detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High energy level required.
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals of Southwest Michigan is a local employment agency that has been helping people find jobs in Southwest Michigan since 2007. Our goal is to find permanent, long-term positions at some of the best companies in our area. We want to help you find that perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you'll never pay a fee for our services and support.
Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment needs, including:
- Light Industrial
- Skilled Trades
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Free Online Training
- Chances to win cash and prizes!
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit our website at Express Employment Professionals of SWMI, or like/follow us on Facebook.
Express Office: Saint Joseph
4070 Red Arrow Highway
Saint Joseph, MI 49085