Located in Coloma, MI
Salary: $45,000 per year
- Location: Coloma, MI
- Position Type: Full-Time, Direct Hire
- Pay/Salary: $45,000 per year
- Schedule: 1st Shift, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Responsibilities/Duties of Production Manager:
The basic function of the Production Manager (PM) is to ensure all processing, packaging, merchandising, packing, and rack assembly activities for packaged flower bulbs, perennials, shrubs, fruits, and vegetable sales are planned, scheduled, and controlled as efficiently, safely, and effectively as possible. The PM must ensure that the goals and objectives of the Production Division of the Operations Department are met by acting as a liaison between the Director of Operations and production team members. When not performing essential duties listed below, the Production Manager is required to perform other duties as assigned by the. The Production Manager has a hands-on role and works directly with all production workers. The Production Manager’s primary responsibilities are broken down into the following categories:
- General Management and Supervision
- Production Operations
- Production Training
The following represents the list of essential duties and responsibilities of the Production Manager. Other duties may be assigned at the discretion.
- General Management and Supervision Responsibilities:
- Communicate job expectations to production staff; plan, monitor, and appraise job results; coach, counsel, and discipline employees; initiate, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in the development of long-term strategies and plans as it relates to the Production Division.
- Responsible for training and coaching all direct report employees. This will apply to all employees who spend most of their time in the Production Division.
- Participate in the development of standards of performance as it relates to the Production Division.
- Must adhere to overall company policies and procedures.
- Production Operations Responsibilities:
- Responsible for working with the DOO to develop an overall plan and schedule for the Production Division. This plan must fulfill the needs of the Sales and Operations Departments.
- Responsible for meeting plans and schedules in the most productive, safe, and effective manner. This will include seasonal and long-range plans, as well as daily/weekly short-range plans.
Qualifications for Production Manager:
- A high school diploma or equivalent required
- Be flexible in job assignments and duties
- Management experience
- Prior experience working in production/manufacturing/industrial
- Excellent attention to detail; organized
- Good time management skills
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals of Southwest Michigan is a local employment agency that has been helping people find jobs in Southwest Michigan since 2007. Our goal is to find permanent, long-term positions at some of the best companies in our area. We want to help you find that perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you'll never pay a fee for our services and support.
Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment needs, including:
- Light Industrial
- Skilled Trades
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Free Online Training
- Chances to win cash and prizes!
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit our website at Express Employment Professionals of SWMI, or like/follow us on Facebook.
Express Office: Saint Joseph
4070 Red Arrow Highway
Saint Joseph, MI 49085