Regulatory Affairs Technician
Located in White City, OR
Salary: 18.00 + Bonus
Express Employment Professionals has partnered with NIC Industries in White City to find their next Regulatory Affairs Technician. NIC Industries is the manufacturer of Cerakote and Prismatic Powders and is the worlds leader in performance industrial coatings.
General Summary: The Regulatory Affairs Technician is responsible for ensuring the compliance of NIC product composition and hazard communication domestically and abroad. This position is also responsible for maintaining NIC’s internal Safety Data Sheet (SDS) library along with authoring SDSs for customer use. Furthermore, authored SDS documents must accurately communicate the hazards of the product while safeguarding export efficiency and trade secret status. Lastly, this position is responsible for chemical compliance in the U.S. under TSCA and other foreign regulatory frameworks.
Primary Job Functions:
- Author safety data sheets for commercial and consumer products in compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- Maintain on-site database of safety data sheets.
- Train new and current employees on correct usage of on-site SDS database.
- Coordinate with customer service representatives to answer customer inquiries pertaining to regulatory compliance.
- Train new and current employees how to author, print and label secondary containers requiring additional labeling in accordance with hazardous communication standard.
- Monitor changes to compliance standards and best practices as they relate to NIC products.
- Coordinate with NIC Research and Development to ensure regulatory compliance of new and existing products.
- Work with NIC Research and Development to ensure Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) compliance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of compliance frameworks (i.e. REACH and Proposition 65) to safeguard trade secrecy and export efficiency while ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Seek opportunities to conduct continuing education to minimize compliance impacts on NIC operations and the exploitation of global markets.
Education, Skills, Experience and Abilities Required:
- Minimum: Associate Degree or equivalent years of work experience in this field.
- Familiarity with basic chemical structures and naming conventions.
- Understanding of the CAS registry of chemical entities.
- Current knowledge or the ability to quickly learn and holistically understand complex regulatory frameworks.
- Ability to implement practical and common-sense solutions in order to maintain high levels of production and compliance.
- Strong oral presentation skills to convey and implement complex ideas/concepts to both scientists/non-scientists, including internal staff and customers.
- Strong written communication skills in order to maintain data, report results, create technical service documentation for customers, and convey information for NIC Website and product materials.
- Highly effective time management, prioritization and planning skills to balance multiple simultaneous projects.
- Effective interpersonal skills, often including both management and supervisory skills, as well as the ability to work with suppliers and customers who have a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Must be able to work with multiple individuals and departments.
Preferred Education, Skills and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline, preferably chemistry or chemical engineering.
- Strong skills in the following areas are favored:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Literature collation
- Independent Research
- Strong Computer Skills
If interested in this position please submit your application online and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Express Office: Medford
3523 Arrowhead Drive
Medford, OR 97504