Located in St Joseph, MI
Salary: $100,000 per year salary
Job Summary: The Project Manager uses his/her knowledge of custom automation and precision machining to manage the design & build of automated assembly systems. These machines are uniquely designed assembly, inspection, and test systems for industries that demand precision assembly for their components. Some of these industries include automotive, aerospace & medical equipment.
A project manager is responsible for managing a project throughout the entire project life cycle which includes the applications/project management handoff all the way through the closing of a project. Throughout the life of an engineered project, the project manager is required to manage the budget and schedule while providing internal & external customer support, the leadership of project-related communications & full ownership of any design or build related activities performed by skilled designers & multi-disciplined cross-functional assembly teams with support from the management team.
- Location: St. Joseph, MI
- Position Type: Full-Time, Direct Hire
- Pay/Salary: $100,000/year
- Schedule: 1st Shift, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Responsibilities/Duties of Project Manager:
- Manage custom automation projects ranging in size from $125,000 to 2 million dollars
- Capable of communicating & interfacing appropriately with the company’s management team to manage customers expectations
- Establish, communicate & manage project goals & objectives including functional specification, cycle time, schedule, budget, and resources
- Uses the skills and training they have developed to manage the actual project costs versus established budgets and has the ability to project any potential cash flow issues related to the assigned project
- Uses the skills and training they have developed to manage project workflow & budgets utilizing the company’s ERP system (Questica), Microsoft Office & Project Summary worksheets
- Uses the skills and training they have developed to assist the company’s Sales and Applications team in developing concepts, proposals, quotations, and presentations
- Uses the skills and training they have developed to direct the everyday operations of the assigned project to monitor compliance with customer requirements and expectations
- Uses the skills and training they have developed to communicate the project status on a regular basis in an effort to keep the customer & the internal management team updated
- Coordinate weekly meetings with the customer & project team to discuss project activities and to assure the project schedule is maintained
- Maintain an action list in accordance with the company’s ISO standard procedures
- Uses the skills and training they have developed to accurately estimate the resources and material costs required to complete the project
- Maintain constant communication with the company’s management to ensure resources are available to complete the project in the budgeted timeline & budgeted hours
- Prepare and submit Engineering change orders to the customer for project scope changes
- Oversees & maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Maintains continuity among project team members by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs of the project
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities & reading technical
Qualifications for Project Manager:
- DOL Journeyman certificate desirable
- A Bachelors' degree in engineering, management or an equivalent of 10 years’ experience in engineering related to custom automation is preferred but not required
- At least 5 years of experience managing, leading or overseeing projects within an applicable industry
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in customer negotiations and marketing-related efforts is desirable but not required
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals of Southwest Michigan is a local employment agency that has been helping people find jobs in Southwest Michigan since 2007. Our goal is to find permanent, long-term positions at some of the best companies in our area. We want to help you find that perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you'll never pay a fee for our services and support.
Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment needs, including:
- Light Industrial
- Skilled Trades
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Free Online Training
- Chances to win cash and prizes!
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit our website at Express Employment Professionals of SWMI, or like/follow us on Facebook.
Express Office: Saint Joseph
4070 Red Arrow Highway
Saint Joseph, MI 49085