Child Care Case Manager
Located in Eureka, CA
Express is hiring for a full-time Child Care Case Manager to join a non-profit team in Eureka CA!
Under general supervision, interviews applicants to determine eligibility for subsidized child care programs; may assist parents in identifying their child care options and selecting a child care provider that will best meet the child''s and family’s needs; assists clients in determining eligible child care schedules; maintains a caseload of clients; ensures proper payment for authorized child care schedules; performs related work as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interviews clients and collects documentation to establish eligibility for subsidized child care. Documents information collected to verify the family income and need for care.
- Explains policies and procedures to clients and child care providers; assists clients to select the child care that best meets the child’s and family’s needs; provides child care referrals in accordance with written policies.
- May make presentations to providers, community members and/or clients regarding agency services.
- Determines authorized child care schedules according to program guidelines.
- May make periodic site visits to child care providers.
- Monitors the ongoing eligibility of clients. Maintains and re-certifies a caseload of eligible families according to program guidelines policies.
- Provides timely and accurate records to ensure issue of Certificates for Payment or Authorized Child Care Schedules to the child care provider or eligible family.
- Collaborates with a variety of agencies to coordinate subsidized child care services to meet the client’s needs Maintains and applies knowledge of the regional market rate survey as updated; explains as necessary payment limits and their implications to parents and providers.
- Analyzes possible fraud, evaluates situations, and refers to supervisor when appropriate.
- Prepares and accurately maintains a variety of complex reports and records related to program requirements. Provides related information in a timely manner, as required.
- Applies established rules and guidelines for eligibility determination; calculates income and verifies information from other agencies and sources; confers with supervisory staff in the most complex cases.
- Analyzes family income for comparison with the family fee schedule, informs the family concerning the established billing and payment procedures.
- Basic interviewing techniques and methods.
- Analyzing, interpreting, and applying regulations in an appropriate manner.
- Standard office practices and procedures including record-keeping and the use of standard office equipment including a personal computer.
- Correct English usage including spelling and punctuation.
- Business arithmetic.
- Basic child development information (ages and stages) and parent education techniques.
- Flexibility to work occasionally during the evenings, weekends, or early mornings.
- May provide services off-site or co-located with personnel from other agencies.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time in front of a video display terminal and maintain attention to detail.
Desirable Education and Experience:
A typical way to obtain the knowledge and skills outlined above is: Two years of college-level course work in accounting or social services and two years of experience which has involved application and explanation of rules and regulations to the public
Apply with us today!
Email us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Fill out an online application at https://jobs.expresspros.com/ OR
Call us on 707-268-1866!
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all people and to hire and promote individuals solely based on their qualifications for the job.
In compliance with applicable federal, state/province and local law, employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and an individual’s qualifications regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, or protected veteran status. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and expect that our employees and associates will cooperate in maintaining an atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment.
Express Office: Eureka
14 West Wabash Avenue
Eureka, CA 95501