Automotive Service Writer
Located in Bloomington, MN
Salary: $20-24 per hour, DOE
A vehicle repair company in Bloomington is pairing with Express to hire a motivated and experienced service writer! The right candidate will have automotive/trucking experience and who enjoys aspects of customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Customer service including checking them in, scheduling service in the shop calendar, making customer calls and updating customers.
- Initiate automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested.
- Verify warranty and service contract coverage, developing estimates, writing repair orders, and maintaining customer rapport and records.
- Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer’s description of symptoms, clarifying description of problems, conducting inspections, taking test drives, checking vehicle maintenance records, and examining service schedules.
- Develop estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor.
- Calculate customer’s payment, including deductibles.
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required.
- Obtain approval signatures and enters RO into service database system.
- Maintain customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle, obtaining customer’s approval of estimates, obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers, answering questions and concerns, and arranging towing and temporary transportation.
- Maintain automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading manufacturers’ publications.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Equipment Maintenance
- Problem solving
- Reporting research results
- Quality focus
- Product knowledge
- Customer service
- Safety management
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Automotive/trucking experience a must!
- 2-plus years of experience in a service advisor role strongly preferred
- Experience or certification with specific manufacturer is a bonus
- Computer and point-of-sale proficiency
- Previous customer service experience
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 9:00am-6:00pm
Express Employment Professionals pairs local businesses with job seekers in a wide- range of industries. Let Express find the right job for your schedule and experience the benefits of being an Express Associate. Call, come in, or go online to see how Express can make your job search easier. There is never a fee for those looking to find a job through Express! Holiday pay and immediate medical insurance offered by Express Employment Professionals.
FOLLOW us on INSTAGRAM
APPLY via EMAIL & send us your RESUME
FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK to view new jobs weekly
TEXT or CALL us at 952-469-5112 for an IMMEDIATE PHONE INTERVIEW
Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider in the U.S., Canada and South Africa. Every day, we help job seekers find work and help businesses find qualified employees. Founded in 1983, Express annually employs over 552,000 people across more than 825 franchise locations worldwide.
Express Office: Lakeville (Savage)
8275 210th Street West
Lakeville, MN 55044