Located in Grand Rapids Township, MI
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Software Engineer / Developer Job Summary:
A faith-based global ministry in Grand Rapids is seeking a Software Engineer / Developer to join assist in development and support of software solutions to meet business needs. This includes integrating equipment/technology of assigned system with programming for overall system improvement.
Software Engineer / Developer Responsibilities:
- Update, repair, modify, and expand existing software solutions.
- Perform routine tasks in a timely manner, ensuring that all tasks are tested for quality and accuracy.
- Monitor running software solutions; troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Assist in the integration and interfaces of software solutions with other business processes and systems.
- Find new opportunities to integrate systems and automate processes while asking the appropriate questions from business owners.
- Apply the theories and principles of computer science to create, test, and evaluate software applications and systems.
- Stay current with changes in software development trends, technology, and new areas of specialization.
- Ensure that all affected work teams are involved in and informed about changes to the various systems/applications and trained/educated on the features/modifications of the assigned systems.
Software Engineer / Developer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, software engineering, or a related field
- 2+ years of software development experience in a multi-user, enterprise, distributed, data-driven, and collaborative team environment with modern application development technologies.
- Experience with .NET and/or C#
- Proficiency with object-oriented programming and structured programming techniques.
- Proficiency with Web/Internet technologies (Backend and front-end languages, database engines, server software and configuration)
- Proficiency with desktop/client-server technologies (Backend and front-end languages, database engines, server software and configuration)
- Experience with Content Management (CMS), Ecommerce, CRM, Warehouse Management (WMS), Supply Chain, or similar frameworks / technologies and enterprise systems.
- Working knowledge of distributed software architecture, Linux & Windows server environments, and version control software.
- Must have good communication and teamwork skills.
- Must be self-disciplined in managing workload and assignments.
- Strive to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development
Location: Grand Rapids –SE Side
Position Type: Direct Hire
Pay: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
The Grand Rapids Express Employment Professionals office was founded in 1996 and is proud to serve the West Michigan business community with a full offering of recruiting, training, and human resource services. Since we opened our doors, we have focused on not only helping companies find top talent, but also helping them develop and retain talent.
Express has a wide variety of jobs available, including:
- Light Industrial
- Skilled Trades
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit: http://www.expresspros.com/GrandRapidsMI/Job-Openings.aspx
Express Office: Grand Rapids
1760 44th Street Southwest
Grand Rapids, MI 49519