Emergency Department Unit Coordinator
Located in Roseburg, OR
Emergency Department Unit Coordinator- LOCATED in Coquille
Performs clerical and system coordination for the nursing units. Monitors and updates orders and schedules diagnostic and therapeutic services. Ensures unit census and patient location is current at all times. Coordinates all nursing unit communications and activities. Acts as a receptionist, greeting and/or directing patients, visitors, physicians, and other health care providers.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Licensed EMT or RN Tech preferred
- Previous experience in an ED preferred.
- Must have effective communications skills and understanding of ED procedures and supplies and equipment used in ED.
- Maintains good physical and emotional well-being.
- Exhibits ability to set priorities, organize workload, and efficiently utilize supplies and equipment in order to deliver timely and efficient patient care.
- Demonstrates ability to act as a patient and family liaison.
- Able to communicate effectively with ED physicians, nurses and ancillary department associates. This assistance of care will enhance the flow of the ED patients through the department, increase patient satisfaction with the department and enable the ED nurses and physicians to complete their tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Consideration is given in the provision of care for the age and developmental status of the patient.
Unit Coordinator duties:
- Previous experience as clerk or nurse’s aide is helpful, but not required.
- Must be accurate in spelling; clear and legible handwriting is necessary.
- Previous experience in typing or computer skills is helpful, but not required.
- Must be willing to go through computer classes/training if necessary.
- Registers all patient types and collects demographics and insurance information to ensure accurate patient record and correct billing information.
- Distributes forms and consents to appropriate departments.
- Obtains and interprets insurance benefits and prior authorization.
- Applies benefit information to determine patient copays/patient responsibility.
- Understands use and disclosure of protected health information or PHI.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Has a working knowledge of the nonclinical tasks required in the daily operations of a nursing unit such as receptionist, telephone etiquette, and secretarial duties
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Computer entry skills.
- Knowledge of patient confidentiality issues.
- Professional communication skills.
- The Unit Coordinator is responsible for performing the nonclinical nursing tasks for a nursing unit; the receptionist role for a nursing unit, utilizing discretion and protecting the confidentiality of patient information at all times.
- The Unit Coordinator efficiently utilizes the supplies and equipment on a nursing unit to facilitate the timely and effective delivery of patient services.
Express Office: Roseburg
741 Northeast Garden Valley Boulevard
Roseburg, OR 97470