Material Handler - Operator Trainee - Midnight to Noon Shift
Located in Lewis Center, OH
Salary: up to $17 hour
Midnight to Noon shift
Up to $17 hour
This is a full time permanent placement though temp to hire. Company is located in Lewis Center, OH.
Material Handler - Load and unload boxes, take boxes off of assembly line or conveyor belt, put boxes on pallets, boxes weights vary and will be between 2 lbs and up to 50 lbs, always standing and constant body movement, MUST be able to stand and move and lift for a 12 hour shift.
The Operator Trainee will assist in monitoring the system which includes observing pressure, temperature and relative humidity measurements on charts, computer monitors and recorders and ensures that product is moved through the facility at the appropriate times.
Pay will start out at $14 per hour. Client will hire within 90 - 120 days & within one year will give a $3 hour raise, which takes pay to $17 per hour.
12 hour Shift - Midnight to Noon ( One of Two Schedules TBD )
Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed (long week) & Sun, Mon, Tue (short week)
or Thur, Fri, Sat (short week) & Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat (long week)
Schedule is working 4 days/nights one week and then 3 days/nights the next week and then repeats. So one week is 36 hours work and the other week is 48 hours work (with 8 hours of OT that week).
MUST HAVE – REQUIRED: Steel Toe Boots or Shoes, High School Diploma or GED, Take a current and pass a 10 panel drug screen, No Felonies (Misdemeanors accepted based on explanation).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist observing pressures, temperature and relative humidity measurements on charts or computer monitors (EO).
- Observing sterilizers, irradiators and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions and assisting with repairs as needed.
- Documenting and recording process readings.
- Performs a count and inspection of product and notes the results on the appropriate form.
- Ensures that product is moved through the facility at appropriate times.
- Reports any damaged product to the Shift Supervisor or Process Supervisor.
- Reports system problems to the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Technician.
- Performs some daily and weekly equipment preventative maintenance tasks and may assist Maintenance as required.
- Stores and removes chemicals used in processing in accordance with established procedures and laws.
- Using a forklift to transfer product to staging areas in an orderly and safe manner.
- Places/removes dosimeters (Gamma/e-Beam) or biological indicators (EO) as specified
- Verifies product loading diagrams (Gamma) or cycle specification agreements (EO).
- Must be familiar with and follow all applicable safety and regulatory requirements.
- Assists with other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILL REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must be willing to work established shifts.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and perform repetitive bending and lifting motions over a period of time.
Must complete all required training for a “Material Handler” or "Assistant Operator" outlined in the training manual.
- Must have forklift driving experience.
- Computer skills desired.
96 West William St.
Delaware, OH 43015
6838 Flags Center Dr.
Columbus, OH 43226
( Intersection of I-270, Cleveland Ave., Shrock Rd. )
Express Office: Delaware (Columbus North)
96 West William Street
Delaware, OH 43015