Located in Waco, TX
Local Telecommunications company has an immediate need to add more Dispatchers to their staff.
Dispatchers will assist customers by dispatching technicians to various locations needing service and/or repairs.
These dispatcher positions will have their work scheduled for typically 40 hours per week and will rotate each month between these 3 schedules; 8AM-5PM, 10AM-7PM and Noon-9PM. Dispatchers will be required to rotate and work 3 weekends per month and have their days off during the week. Dispatchers will work on a rotational basis concerning scheduled hours during the day, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Please do not apply for these positions if you are unable to work the required schedule.
The Dispatch position will be responsible for:
- Answering incoming calls from customers and technicians related to work orders within the billing system as well as performing outbound calls to customers to verify scheduled appointments.
- Assisting field technicians with troubleshooting in regards to installs and service calls.
- Representing the company in a positive, professional, and ethical manner while working to exceed customers’ expectations.
- Having a thorough understanding of company billing system and troubleshooting tools to assist technicians in the field.
- Working cooperatively with other departments as needed to resolve issues in the field so that technicians can complete their work orders.
- Supporting customer requests for missed orders to assist overall completion rate.
- Being proficient with all troubleshooting and installation procedures.
- Consistently meeting or exceeding established goals and performance metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Character traits needed to succeed in this position include:
- Systematic Thinking - Makes effective use of organizational systems and processes, takes an organized, logical approach to thinking through issues, applies learning to new situations.
- Attention to Detail - Able to zoom in to detail quickly and accurately, checks information, picks up inconsistencies and mistakes, can make detailed comparisons between similar sources.
- Initiative - Identifies ways to improve processes/situations, takes responsibility for improvements or solving problems, sets own standards above prevailing standards, show dissatisfaction with substandard or inefficient activities.
- Learning Capability - Picks up new skills quickly, develops expertise.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) or more years of experience as a dispatcher in a voice, video, or data industry call center.
- Ability to use a PC and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with several billing systems and databases while taking calls.
- Ability to type as least 35 words/minute on a computer keyboard with 95% accuracy.
Express Office: Waco
Waco, TX 76710