Located in Longview, WA
Express is hiring for a qualified Mechanical Designer/Drafter looking for a long term future with a growing company. Pay $20-$25 with bonuses
An industrial air system design company is seeking an experienced designer to create 3D models and drawings that are used for the fabrication and installation of our equipment. This role includes field measuring which will require some travelling to the plant location to thoroughly measure and detail the system so that it can be modeled accurately. This role also includes managing various stages of the project through, including design, fabrication and installation. This role requires collaboration with various sales engineers and customers to understand the system and design its components.
Key Responsibilities for Mechanical Designer/Drafter
- Perform technical design and drafting using Autodesk Inventor and a CFD analysis tool for predictive modeling
- Assist with purchasing materials and coordinating subcontractors
- Provide project management support
- Manage projects; Go in field to measure clearances for new equipment (with tape measures, laser level, etc)
- Interact with customers; pay attention to details & provide On-going customer service
- Do design engineering; Autocad drafting – 2D and 3D preferred.
- Manage costs on projects
- Installation supervision and start-up
- Estimate projects and write proposals
- Job site start-up support.
- Must be open to periodic travel to customer job sites within the country usually 2-5 days per month – primarily the Pacific NW but as far as the east coast (must have reliable personal vehicle for regional travel)
- Must have 3D modeling experience. Autodesk Inventor preferred but SOLIDWORKS is also acceptable. AutoCAD experience is a plus.
- Must be able to work well with others, and listen to and often solicit input on designs
- Fabrication, machining, sheet metal and installation experience a plus
- Must be able to work independently and be an excellent problem solver
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle for regional travel, and the ability to travel by air to all parts of North America, as required. Travel consists of approximately 5% of working hours.
Qualities Individual possess:
- Pleasant personality good for making long-term friendships
- Ambitious; good work ethics required to be successful
- Sharp, self-motivated, able to be their own boss
- Must be comfortable and able to safely work on heavy industrial job sites (stair climbing required, exposure to heat and the elements)
- We take walk in interviews Mon.-Fri from 9am-3pm at 1208 Washington Way in Longview OR 9am-2pm, Tues, Wed. or Fri. in Woodland at 115 Davidson Ave.
- Complete the application on our website www.expresscowlitzcounty.com
- Submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Express Employment Professionals at 360-414-1200 to speak with a hiring manager (Mon-Fri, 8am to 5:00pm).
"All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws."
Express Office: Longview
1208 Washington Way
Longview, WA 98632