Entry Level Mill Positions
Located in Redding, CA
Salary: increasing wage over 60 days
We are seeking motivated candidates for a very reputable company in town. All positions start as entry level as you are trained to work your way up in various depts. For this client, the wage starts at $14.00/hr, after 30 days it bumps to $15.00/hr, then after 60 days it bumps up to $16.50/hr. This client will then give you a raise of 40 cents after 6 months and the promotions are endless. This position is full-time.
- Feeds various sizes of lumber into machines and assists operator with adjustments and general clean up.
- Off bears various sizes of lumber from moving belt or rollers and stacks into carts, patches boards as needed.
- Feeds lumber, wood pieces, wood scraps or wood blocks into hog.
- Sweeps floor, picks up wood debris and other debris from floor and around machinery and places into waste bin.
- Cuts bands from inbound lumber and feeds into machine.
- Pulls lumber from moving chain deck and places into carts. Pushes carts out for forklift pick up.
- Places strapping around lumber using hand bander.
- Places small logs in boxes and stacks on pallets.
- Places small wood blocks into pockets of feeder, changes guide and blade as needed, clears belt or feeder from wood block jambs as needed.
- Grades and stacks various size boards.
- Drives around inside of mill sweeping up debris, empties bin when full of debris.
This client's production machinery includes:
- Scanner Optimizing Cross-cut
- Multiple Moulding machine centers
- Multiple Vertical and Horizontal Resaws
- Edge glue Machine Centers
- Timber processing Center
- Multiple Dry Kilns
- 2 Coat Prime line
You will be in charge of manufacturing and creating:
-In-home Fire Logs
-Working with Western Red Cedar Mixed Grain and Vertical Grain, Redwood Clear and Clear all Heart, and Alaskan Yellow Cedar wood.
Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Express Office: Redding
2697 Victor Avenue
Redding, CA 96002