Lumber Mill Workers
Located in Clatskanie, OR
Salary: $17 an hour
Express Employment Professionals is actively recruiting for a Lumber Mill Worker with a local company in the Columbia County area. This position is an Evaluation to hire position meaning the company is looking to hire long term people! Pay is $17 an hour.
- A labor pool employee is expected to fill positions as requested and as needed by the company. Various duties are clean up, picking edgings, and basic manufacturing positions. To be successful in the labor pool, a new hire must demonstrate:
- Ability to work successfully with the others on the crew. Respectful social interaction and communication is necessary to work within the team
- New hires must be able to handle a variety of issues and multi-tasking.
- Employees must be able to abide by the rules, policies, and safety procedures of the Company.
- Flexibility (job position, department and shifts may vary)
- Good work ethic
- Attendance and punctuality (The attendance expectation is to be at work, on-time, and ready to work 97.5% of a rolling year)
- A labor pool employee may be placed in a number of different positions building his/her knowledge of the industry and the company. However, it may be necessary for the labor pool employee to work in a semi-skilled position, such as stacker operator or an unscrambler operator as well as unskilled positions such as clean up.
- Clean all wood debris, banding and battens around the bander
- Clean all debris out from under the planer chain and end stacker
- Pick up wood debris from timber yard, rough yard, and finished yard
- Blow down and clean out the hog building
- Clean all bark and debris out of the log deck
- Operate skid steer and front end loader to move debris
Operate forklift to move sticker bins and trim end dump boxes
- Must be physically fit, this is a very demanding physical position.
- Safety Conscious is a MUST
- Looking for advancement
- Good communication skills, reading/writing skills, math skills.
Benefits of working with Express:
- Medical benefits
- Sick Pay
- Referral bonuses
At Express, we will assess your skills; offer you interview and resume writing tips, and work with you to find a job that fits your needs and abilities. You will never pay a fee at Express and you will have the opportunity to earn benefits. We have more than 200 jobs available every month and we want to talk to you! To find our more, contact us today!
- We take walk in interviews Mon.-Fri from 9am-3pm at 1208 Washington Way in Longview OR 9am-2pm, Tues, Wed. or Fri. in Woodland at 115 Davidson Ave.
- Complete the application on our website www.expresscowlitzcounty.com
- Submit your resume via email to email@example.com
- Call Express Employment Professionals at 360-414-1200 to speak with a hiring manager (Mon-Fri, 8am to 5:00pm).
"All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws."
Express Office: Longview
1208 Washington Way
Longview, WA 98632