Sanitation 3rd Shift
Located in Lampasas, TX
Salary: Up to $14.99 / hour
Sanitation 3rd Shift - Lampasas, TX
Under the direction of the sanitation supervisor, the sanitation team leader is functionally responsible in his assigned area to maintain surveillance over equipment and facility cleanup. The sanitation team leader is responsible for inspecting equipment after cleaning and ensuring proper assembly of equipment and production lines.
Essential Job Functions for the Sanitation 3rd Shift:
- Assures sanitation employees are:
- following GMPs, and SOPs.
- using proper safety precautions, including chemical usage safety.
- reporting unusual equipment wear, metal corrosion, equipment breakdown, etc.
- properly cleaning equipment in accordance with SOPs and general cleaning procedures.
- properly assembling equipment and production lines.
- Implement and monitor approved sanitation cleanup procedures (SSOP).
- Implement and monitor safety guidelines as needed, including:
- Chemical safety and awareness
- Job Safety Analysis
- Provide and document training as needed, including:
- Chemical safety and awareness
- SOP’s & JSA’s
- Maintain the chemical room on a daily basis to include mixing/preparing all chemicals to be used each night during sanitation activities.
- Maintain accurate chemical inventory and usage logs.
- Maintain titration logs for chemicals used.
- Keep chemical room clean and orderly at all times.
- Perform all activities at minimal cost, while keeping cleaning effectiveness at a maximum.
- Continually monitor the effectiveness and adequacy of all cleaning activities via pre-operational inspections.
- Complete any necessary paperwork to comply with guidelines of USDA, the HACCP program, and any auditing agencies.
- Work with sanitation supervisor to troubleshoot any microbiological problems that may be due to improper cleaning.
- Directly responsible for ensuring proper equipment and production line assembly. This includes equipment inspection and release to QA for final pre-operational inspection.
- Establish and maintain good plant communication skills and work with others in a team-like manner to accomplish work objectives.
- Maintain visibility and communication with sanitation employees.
- Perform work within company standards and efficiencies.
- As required, train other sanitors and new employees in the proper cleaning, handling, disassembly and assembly of equipment.
- Responsibilities often require overtime, and weekend hours
- Must be able to effectively communicate with team members of all job levels.
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned
Essential Skills and Experience for the 3rd Shift Sanitation:
- 1 year experience in food, beverage or daily processing/manufacturing environment
- A working knowledge of food technology, food science, microbiology or chemistry required.
- GMP trained
- Must be able to push, pull, reach in place, bend and use proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to work independently
- Read and understand chemical labels.
- Read and understand HACCP along with FDA and OSHA requirements.
- Follow Company policy, Safety Standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
Express Office: Temple
200 West Calhoun Avenue
Temple, TX 76501