Located in independence, MO
Salary: $12 - $14.00
We're searching for a Press Operator for our custom label printing partner in Independence. This position is responsible for flexographic printing press, setting-up of plates, dies, inks, along with other related duties. The ideal candidate has at least three years experience of press or printed related experience; great communication skills; and pays attention to detail.
Press Operator position requires:
- Constant lifting (must be able to lift up to 75 lbs occasionally and up to 50 lbs on a regular basis)
- Bending or crouching
- Repetitive tasks
Press Operator position duties include:
- Performs typical press operations to support production department.
- Review job ticket and work with Press Helper to ensure job is set up properly on the press per required specifications and job notes (ink, dies, stock, plates).
- Run the job setup on the press and log data related to the job setup in the system.
- Run the job per specifications and log when completed, noting material used, etc.
- While running the press, review printed rolls for quality and consistency related to all aspects of the labels including color registration and die cut.
- Following completion of the job, move finished roll to finishing department and breakdown and clean machine in preparation for the next job.
- Communicate with Shift Supervisor and/or Production Manager regarding any issues with the labels and dies.
- Ensure proper data collection for each job, including job notes on material and time variance.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of the press along with the Press Helper and Supervisor.
- Maintain the work area and machines in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed company policies and safety regulations.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities and participate in training when offered or needed.
Press Operator details:
- Pay is based on experience; ranging from $12.00 to $20.00 hourly
- Evaluation Hire (long-term opportunities)
- Work schedule: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express Employment Professionals works to help find the right opportunity for you and your career. We offer competitive wages, immediate medical benefits, a 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks and more!
Benefits available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan/Dental Plan
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Scholarship Program
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
Ways to Apply: (Choose one)
- Express Jobs App: Apply today on the Express Jobs app! Search for other great job openings in your area, build your profile, show off your skills and apply, all from your mobile device.
- Complete an online application on our website https://www.ejcmo-expresspros.com
Express Office: Eastern Jackson County
925 Northeast Columbus Street
Lees Summit, MO 64086