Located in Belton, TX
Salary: 15.00/hr.- 20.00/hr.
Express Employment Professionals is seeking a Plant Accountant. This position is located Belton, TX.
The individual in this role must be a self-starter with strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to interact with all levels of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the physical inventories, entering the inventory physical counts in the general ledger system and analyzing the resulting variances. This includes month end and weekly variance analysis of key raw materials as well as monitoring consignment inventory.
- Enter plant’s production into the general ledger system. This includes calculating labor per shift per product as well as entering labor, material and roll production in the accounting system. (Finally, this task includes reconciling original production worksheets to the general ledger.)
- Review plant purchases for accuracy. Investigate unusual pricing, billings, etc. Once charges are deemed appropriate, correctly enter the raw material purchase orders and receipts into the general ledger system. Send appropriate correspondence to the corporate office for payment.
- Petty Cash reconciliation
- Coordinate plant’s record retention
- Maintain freight accrual spreadsheets
- Upload original documentation in the company’s document management system
- Assist personnel with answering plant’s office phone.
- Maintaining required Certificates of Insurance for outside contractors
- Assist with the plant’s human resource duties. These include but are not limited to: conducting initial interviews, ordering of safety shoes and glasses, conducting monthly random drug testing, setting up new employees in the human resource system, maintaining employee files, new employee orientation, annual open enrollment, first report of injury filings, weekly payroll processing, and elevating employment issues as they arise.
- Cross train with other office personnel in order to handle duties in their absence (booking loads, shipping, raw material ordering, etc.)
- Strong Computer Skills
- Microsoft Word
- Accounting Experience
Express Office: Temple
200 West Calhoun Avenue
Temple, TX 76501