Die Maker Trainee - $12/hour
Located in Appleton, WI
We are currently seeking a motivated and energetic individual to join our team as a Die Maker Trainee The ideal candidate will have excellent mathematical skills and mechanical aptitude as well as the ability to work independently, quickly, and accurately with changing priorities. Computer experience is required and some experience with blueprint reading and measurement tools (ruler, dial caliper, scale) is preferred. Candidates with prior steel rule die making or die cutting experience are preferred but we are willing to train the right person. The successful applicant will be responsible for reading and understanding job orders, operating production equipment, producing steel rule dies and related tooling, completing all corresponding paperwork in a neat and timely fashion, and maintaining a clean and safe workspace.
- Review and analyze job orders for accuracy
- Operate automated rule bending equipment using PC controls
- Produce steel rule dies by installing steel rule into pre-cut die boards
- Produce stripping and blanking tooling
- Complete all required paperwork including recording materials used and time to complete various production tasks
- Perform self quality control check prior to advancing tooling to finishing area
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized workspace
- Apply ejection rubber to steel rule dies per customer specifications
- Clean and level steel rule dies
- Package tooling for shipping and insure all necessary documents are included
- Assist in other areas as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- Energetic and highly motivated
- Ability to learn and grasp new concepts quickly
- Willing to move to different areas as production needs change
- Read blueprints and use measurement instruments
- Lift up to 40 lbs.
- Stand for up to 3 hours at a time – 8+ hours daily
- Demonstrated work history including excellent punctuality and attendance
- Excellent communication skills
- Work as a member of a team
What does Express offer to you?
- Weekly paychecks!
- Vision Insurance
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan
- Life Insurance
- Referral Bonuses (Earn up to $125 for each person you refer!)
Why Express Employment Professionals, Appleton WI?
- Express, Appleton WI placed 455 people in 2019 just in the Appleton area!
- We provide our associates with excellent comprehensive and competitive benefits!
- When you apply to us, you apply to 100+ companies in the Fox Valley!
Call - (920) 624-6100 to schedule a phone interview
Address - 3303 W College Ave STE B Appleton, WI 54914
Email - email@example.com
"Like" our Appleton & Waupaca County Facebook pages for more up to date job opportunities
Express Office: Appleton
3303 West College Avenue
Appleton, WI 54914