Accounting Specialist- Accountant
Located in fredericksburg , VA
Express is seeking an Accounting Specialist/Accountant for a company located in Fredericksburg VA.
Performs a variety of accounting related tasks in verifying the accuracy of financial transactions including investment and cash accounts, accounts receivables, payroll, tax and other accounts payables; processing payroll and other accounts payable; preparing tax and other financial reports, records and submissions; and assists in preparation for the annual audit. Work is performed under general supervision and is guided by agency policies and procedures, public accounting and audit practices and state and federal tax laws and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verifies accounts receivable billing, electronically transmitted credits, investments and cash receipts, certificates of deposit, clients payments for phone bills, loans, representative payee fees, board and supervision payments, rent payments, payroll, etc.
- Processes payroll and accounts payable.
- Prepares and/or reviews spreadsheets for courts services billing, bank deposits, quarterly sales tax, vendor invoices, tax returns and related reports
- Maintains automated financial record systems.
- Assists in the development, implementation and monitoring of financial policies and procedures related to internal management controls.
- Makes, reviews, and adjusts journal entries and assists in the maintenance of the general ledger.
- Reconciles bank, budgetary, and consumer/third party accounts.
- Does related work as assigned.Identifies, classifies, and compiles data, prepares related reports and maintains records.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field and some experience in accounting and/or auditing work in a public-service organization.
Express Office: Stafford
233 Garrisonville Road
Suite 102 1/2 and 103
Stafford, VA 22554