- Inspecting and loading equipment for the day’s work.
- Driving to the client’s location.
- Testing the soil and vegetation to determine irrigation needs.
- Mapping out areas for irrigation installation.
- Digging trenches and installing pipes and lines.
- Installing pumps and electrical timers.
- Testing the irrigation system with the aid of computer software.
- Conducting routine maintenance checks.
- Troubleshooting and replacing faulty parts.
- Completing progress reports and associated paperwork.
Irrigation Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven work experience as an Irrigation Technician.
- Knowledge of irrigation and electrical timer systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of plumbing is preferable.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift heavy objects.
- Knowledge of soil, vegetation, and climate.