Finance Manager - Fund Accountant
Located in Redding, CA
Salary: $19-$21/hr DOE
The Finance Manager is responsible for managing the business affairs of the center. The Finance Manager reports to the co-pastors and receives an annual performance evaluation.
Financial Records and Reports
- Maintain a financial record system for the senior minister and board to direct its operations.
- Oversee the cash position of the bookstore to help best manage the inventory.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and supplemental reports for the monthly board packet for senior minister and the board.
- Maintain control of a proper cash flow to meet obligations.
- Oversee the receipt, deposit and disbursement of all funds.
- Keep all financial contribution information confidential.
- Record weekly contributions to the general fund, endowment fund, special funds, and other funds.
- Enter all invoices submitted for payment, cut checks, obtain signatures, and prepare for mailing.
- Balance checking account and submit reconciliation to the treasurer.
- Assist the budget committee in the annual preparation of the budget with quarterly updates.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the Youth Leader and receive quarterly confirmation that the records are correct.
Personnel and Payroll
- Administer payroll for center employees.
- Assure all monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll tax forms, make necessary deposits, and annual W-2 forms. Make sure all reports are promptly paid and/or filed in a timely manner.
- Maintain personnel records.
- Assure compliance with federal and state labor laws.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Develop and train volunteers to assist in areas that will enhance their services to the Center.
- Record pledges and quarterly giving statements.
- Assist the board/committee in planning and promoting the Pledge Program.
- Use prudence in all purchases for the center.
- Maintain an inventory of all center property and equipment.
- Manage all contracts and contract updates for equipment including the copy machine.
- Coordinate facility maintenance.
- Annually update MSDS Binder.
Policies and Procedures
- Work with the co-pastors and board in developing and administering the personnel and financial policies of the center.
- Obtain advice on legal, business and tax matters.
- Assist other staff, ministers, and volunteers as time is available in order to ensure a smooth-running organization.
- Take minutes of the Board of Trustees meetings, as needed.
- A minimum of an associate degree in accounting from an accredited educational institution or five years of experience in financial management and fund-based accounting and restricted/non- restricted funds.
- Proficiency in computer skills including Word, Excel, and fund-based accounting software.
- Attention to detail in account reconciliation and report generation.
- A commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork, and support of center ministries.
- A commitment to confidentiality regarding all account records, both of the center and staff and members.
- MUST have fund accounting experience
- Dependable attendance.
Express Office: Redding
2697 Victor Avenue
Redding, CA 96002