Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits
Live & work in beautiful Central Oregon! Opportunity to be a part of a top notch team that seeks to make a difference.
What You Get to Do!
The Financial Reporting Accountant is responsible for producing various financial statements and accounting reports for both internal and external users and assisting with audits. They will participate in the financial close, including preparation of internal and external financial statements and reports, journal entries, and consolidations. The Financial Reporting Accountant supports the Controller in documenting financial policies and procedures pertaining to business
processes and internal controls to ensure that the company’s assets are safeguarded and helps in the provision of technical accounting advice and services to accountants or other staff with problems, complex issues, or special projects.
The successful candidate has the demonstrated ability to be highly functional in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions. They are unquestionably able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity at all times. They enjoy providing excellent customer service and are committed to professionalism, excellence, attention to detail, and quality performance!
- Prepare financial statements for internal and external parties to include monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Perform complex on-going analysis, reconciliation, and timely reporting, identifying and preparing adjustment journals as needed
- Identify, research, and correct account discrepancies
- Assist or prepare audit schedules; compile data for preparation.
- Assist in the drafting of SOX controls and processes and the documentation thereof
- Review and reconcile monthly tax reporting and ensuring timely filing of sales and use taxes on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Provide analytics on anomalies as identified in the close process
- Assist with ad hoc reports and creation of reports from NetSuite system
- Review and reconcile balance sheet accounts as part of the monthly close process
- Prepare cost accounting entries, including the establishment of quarterly labor overhead rates, monthly cost accounting adjustments, and updates to general methodology as needed.
- Support in the reconciliation of trade spend deductions claimed by partners, and assist with the dispute process.
- Stay current on new accounting pronouncements and is prepared to research when new transactions or pronouncements arise
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity within the organization, as required or assigned
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience; CPA preferred
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products and/or tax software
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and internal controls
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize, and execute assigned tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- A passion for the work you do and the people you do it with!
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702