Bag Machine Operator
Located in Glen Carbon, IL
Salary: Up to $20/hr, BOE
Job Summary: Our client in Madison County is looking for a Bag Operator to join their team! The primary responsibilities of the Bag Operator are as followed but not limited to:
- Threads materials from parent roll through guides and rollers to cutters, gluer, printer, folding device, or electric sealer.
- Starts machine, observes operation, and adjusts machine to ensure uniform shearing, printing, folding, gluing, or sealing of continuous roll of material into finished bags.
- May insert shaft into core of parent roll and secure with steel collars, using hand tools, and mount roll onto machine, using hoist.
- Operates machine in proper manner, maintaining high production and a quality product, with a minimum of waste, while maintaining set goals of machine speeds
- References work orders for paper supply, and requisitions paper from the warehouse when necessary.
- Instructs and leads Bag Inspector and Bundler. Assists Small Bag Inspector in detecting poor quality.
- Diagnoses problems on machines and corrects immediately, to keep smooth production flow.
- Makes all machine repairs, unless major work is needed. Performs daily maintenance on machine including: oiling machine, cleaning drum area of machine, re-taping, and scraping down.
- Assists Maintenance with repairs to get equipment up and running in the shortest amount of time.
- Follows instructions and requests from supervisor and management.
- Communicates well with other operators and teammates at shift change.
- Adheres and maintains equipment to all GMP and AIB regulations at all times.
- Ability to multi-task as well as work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
Location: Madison County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Evaluation Hire
Pay: Up to $20/hr
Benefits provided by Client (once hired on): Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Group Term Life, Short-term/long-term Disability, 401k, Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- High School GED or Diploma
- Associate Degree from an accredited college preferred
- Two years of work experience in a related industry
- Must complete Safety Orientation, Departmental Safety Training and OSHA Standards Training
- Work experience with computers and other business equipment
How To Apply: Submit your application to the Edwardsville location at www.expresspros.com or email your resume to email@example.com
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.
Express Office: Edwardsville
20 Junction Drive West
Glen Carbon, IL 62034