Forklift Driver/Material Handler - 2nd shift
Located in Waukesha, WI
Salary: $15.00 - $17.00 / Hour BOE
2nd shift 2:30pm -11:00pm
This is a Direct Hire Position
Drives electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices to transport packaging and ingredient materials throughout the facility to support production efforts.
- Responsible to adhere to company human safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible to adhere to company food safety, quality, and regulatory practices and procedures
- Properly load and unload freight using a forklift, pallet jack, hand jack, or by hand.
- Generate Pick Sheets and adhere to FIFO.
- Deliver ingredients and packaging promptly to ensure seamless production runs.
- Document and communicate load discrepancies with Quality and Production.
- Maintain accurate and legible records/documentation of trailer inspections.
- Utilize RFID technology (Scanners and WMS programs) to move material systematically as it is physically moved throughout the facility.
- Inspect forklift daily and notify maintenance of vehicular issues.
- Assisting other departments as needed and performing related duties as assigned.
- Education: Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 yrs or older.
- The previous operation of a forklift (7500 lbs vehicle) or previous forklift certification preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations and inventory control.
- Familiarity with HACCP, GMPs, Allergens, and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Maintain respectful communication with co-workers at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to problem solve equipment and processes in partnership with maintenance.
- Ability to determine root cause and diligently apply corrective action.
- Ability to read and write, and speak English, Bi-lingual a plus.
- Basic Math skills.
- Basic Computer Skills
Fast-paced manufacturing environment that may include weekend work and overtime, exposure to various temperatures, working on concrete floors, and noise levels exceeding 85 decibels.
- Ability to sit for extended periods
- Perform repetitive tasks
- Bend, stoop, kneel and climb a ladder and stairs
- Push/pull up to 2200 lbs of raw materials on a pallet with a pallet jack
- Slide barrels of up to 600 lbs of ingredients from pallets to conveyors
- Potential allergens exposure are the following: Peanuts, Other Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soy, Milk, and Eggs
- Reach, lift, stack, and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weight up to 50 lbs frequently within the range of the floor level to overhead
For more information please call Express Employment Professionals Brookfield, WI (262) 754-1350 or email your resume to: Braden.Grimord@expresspros.com
Express Office: Brookfield
17550 West Bluemound Road
Brookfield, WI 53045