Machine Operator Packaging - 2nd shift
Located in Waukesha, WI
2nd shift - 2:30 pm - 11 pm
Pay Rate - $15 - 18/ hour
The packaging machine operator is responsible for setting up and operating assigned packaging machines in order to pack optimum number of quality packages of product.
- Adhere to company human safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to company food safety, quality and regulatory practices and procedures
- Set up and operate packaging machine(s) to ensure finished product meets all Customer/ Regulatory requirements.
- Clean and sanitize equipment during changeovers from one product to another.
- Inspect packaging equipment prior to line start-up and changeovers.
- Take ownership of packaging line results
- Maintain accurate and legible records/documentation
- Oversee efficient and safe operation and of all equipment and personnel on line.
- Communicate with all Coworkers and Maintenance staff to ensure optimal equipment performance.
- Assisting other departments as needed and performing related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 yrs or older.
- Prefer having at least 1 year of packaging machine operator experience in a high speed manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing specifications and quality standards.
- Familiarity with HACCP, GMPs, Allergens and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Ability to problem- solve equipment and processes in partnership with maintenance.
- Ability to determine root cause and diligently apply corrective action.
- Ability to read and write English; Bi-lingual a plus
- Basic Math skills.
- Basic Computer Skills
Fast paced food packaging environment that may include weekend work and overtime, exposure to various temperatures, working on concrete floors and noise levels exceeding 85 dbls.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time,
- Perform repetitive tasks.
- Lift up to 50lbs periodically.
- Bend, Stoop, kneel, and climb a ladder and stairs.
- Push/pull up to 2200 lbs of raw materials on a pallet with a pallet jack
- Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weight up to 50 lbs
- Slide barrels of up to 600 lbs of ingredients from pallets to conveyors.
- Potential allergens exposure to: Peanuts, Other Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soy, Milk and Eggs.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment corresponding to task (i.e. hearing protection, face shield, safety glasses, aprons, gloves, etc. )
Express Office: Brookfield
17550 West Bluemound Road
Brookfield, WI 53045