Material Distribution Specialist
Located in North Bend, WA
Are you looking for a long-term opportunity to be a part of a large, growing, worldwide company?
This company is located in scenic North Bend, WA. Surrounded by trees and mountains, this clean and safe warehouse is looking for reliable, hard-working candidates to be a part of a well-working team under fantastic supervisors and management who treat their people with respect!
Duration: Contract to Hire
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides materials to production assembly lines on a timely basis.
Replenishes parts and components on established routes and stations. Expedites acquisition of missing or alternative parts.
- Reviews production and machine schedules and parts picking routines, analyzes availability, then notifies vendors/suppliers of parts needs. May physically take parts bins to suppliers for replenishing.
- Analyzes material flow problems, determines causes, then takes corrective actions such as the design of mistake-proof distribution processes, simplification of sight recognition of parts, shortening of distances, timing of deliveries, etc.
- May train employees in certain aspects of just-in-time principles and their application in assembly areas. Trains employees in the use of the KanBan system.
- Develops and maintains a parts pick up and delivery schedule that conforms to the timing needs of assembly areas. Maximizes the number and variety of suppliers that are on the pick up cycles.
- Participates in changes affecting production lines and material distribution, such as schedule adjustments, change notices, coding/color changes for identifying parts, etc.
- Establishes and maintains communications with work teams and vendors that enhance information flow and problem solving on immediate issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of production and inventory control, and processes for distributing parts and supplies to assembly locations such as KanBan, auto-replenish, and just-in-time.
- Math and analytical skills to conduct efficiency reviews of parts distribution and delivery timing, schedules, and processes.
- Writing skills to complete orders, prepare instructions, and describe work flow and schedules. Requires basic skills at reading schematic drawings, recording and analyzing data using personal computer-based programs and data entry/access screens.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability & Accidental Loss Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Six Paid Holidays per calendar year; eligibility requirements apply
- Paid Sick Leave in accordance with WA state law
- Referral Bonuses; eligibility requirements apply
Express Office: Bellevue
4020 Lake Washington Boulevard Northeast
Kirkland, WA 98033