Medical Malpractice Paralegal
Located in Philadelphia, PA
Express Employment Professionals is searching for an experienced Medical Malpractice paralegal for a high-profile center city law firm. This position supports a founding partner of the firm. This partner has an impressive list of record-setting courtroom victories placing him among the nation’s leading catastrophic injury lawyers. His practice specializes in specializes in cases involving brain and spinal cord injuries. This high-volume firm is seeking a long-term paralegal who is looking to excel in their position and is open to growth opportunities.
Benefits and Features
- Generous time off which includes 19 PTO days and 9 paid holidays upon entry (with increases up to 25 PTO days)
- 401(K) with 5% company match
- Life insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Medical and Dental paid for 100% by employer for employee and family members
- Paralegal will play an influential role in Philadelphia’s medical malpractice sector at one if the state’s top firms
- Contribute to the firm’s success by working directly with top partner and one associate
- Beautiful center city Philadelphia community with a large variety of parks, gyms, banks, health and retail shopping stores.
- Great dine-in and take-out lunch restaurants, perfect for networking and business meetings
- Easily accessible by multiple large transit stations including 30th street station, Suburban Station, PATCO, etc.
- Many offsite daycare options available
- Paralegal with 7+ years of experience in medical malpractice
- Ability to manage complete legal process from pre-litigation to trial
- Perform in-take calls for potential clients
- Identify and order records needed as well as track and follow up on medical records
- Maintain insurance chart
- Prepare pleadings, discovery requests, discovery responses, pre-trial memos, settlement memos etc.
- Assist in trial preparation (exhibits and expert dirt.)
- Letters advising experts and clients regarding trial dates
- Prepare summaries (inducing medical records, depositions, expert dirt. etc.)
- Conduct legal research through Westlaw
- Settlement petitions
- Track distributions or settlement proceeds and prepare affidavits of compliance
- Trial submissions: Voir dire, verdict sheet, points for charge etc.
- Schedule experts for trial
- Experience with time matters or other related programs
- Willingness to travel to counties for trial
- Experience arranging travel and lodging for expert witnesses during trial
- Manage attorneys calendar/scheduling, expenses and travel arrangements
- Catastrophic injury experience is a plus
- Courtroom experience is a plus
- Approximately $75,000 commensurate with experience
If you would like to play an influential role at an elite Philadelphia firm, call or email Ade with Express Employment Professionals.
Express Office: Philadelphia (Center City)
1628 John F Kennedy Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19103