Industrial Painter/Washer - Oriskany
Located in Utica, NY
Salary: $12.75- $13.50/hr
1st Shift Painter/Washer needed for an Oriskany area company. This individual will be primarily responsible for powder coating and washing parts but will also assist in other areas as needed.
- Must be willing learn the wash process and the powder coating process and achieve a significant level of expertise in both.
- Visually inspect parts prior to and after the wash process and the powder coating process.
- Apply powder coat paint evenly to parts to ensure consistent paint finish within thickness tolerances.
- Maintain paint guns and related equipment.
- May operate ovens and monitor temperatures and cycle times.
- Detect and report defective parts or other materials or questionable conditions to management.
- Ensure the work area and equipment are clean/orderly and follow required safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management; other duties may include loading and unloading parts, plugging, masking, or cleaning parts, monitoring quality, package parts for handling, and routine maintenance and clean-up in the paint department.
- HSD or GED is preferred
- 1-2 years’ of painting experience
- Experience with powder coating application or liquid paint application is a plus
- Ability to read to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, part drawings, etc.
- Physically capable of lifting 60 pounds and carrying it 50 feet
- Comfortable working as a team player as well working under direct supervision
- Availability to work overtime is required (on Saturdays and/or longer hours during the week)
- Reliable transportation is a must; this position is not located on a bus line
Pay Rate: $12.75/hr – 13.50/hr
Pre-employment process includes a drug screen and background check
If interested, please visit www.ExpressMohawkValley.com to apply or contact Express Employment Professionals at (315) 790-5723 for more information.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502