Building Envelope Engineer
Located in Vancouver, BC
Salary: $70,000 - $75,000
We are seeking a technical Building Envelope Engineer to join a growth orientated building engineering firm in South Granville, Vancouver. This firm specializes in residential new builds and brings an innovative and pragmatic approach to their designs. This company is a leader in building envelope and energy advising and is looking for the right candidate to Project Manage their Building Envelope division. This company is rapidly growing and looking for candidates who enjoy managing projects from design through to construction independently and taking responsibility for all design work.
What's in it for you?
- Complete autonomy over building envelope designs
- South Granville office location
- Flexible working hours Monday to Friday
- Full medical benefits with RRSP matching program following probationary period
- Prepare detailed building envelope designs of residential new builds.
- Work solely on projects from conceptual and preliminary stages of design through to completion.
- Stamp drawings and attend site visits through construction phase as Engineer of Record.
- Offer products that comply with building code and contractors requirements.
- Ensure quality compliance of your projects by maintaining design/checking notes.
- Deal with the permitting and maintaining of the project schedule.
- Comply with all building codes.
- Dealing with Clients and Contractors.
- Must have Professional Engineering designation.
- Must have 2 years building envelope design experience.
- Must be able to concisely articulate design process including projected time to complete.
- Must be able to attend contractor shows and presentations and participate in professional development.
- Must enjoy working within a small knit team.
- Must enjoy self managed autonomy of work and project management.
To apply, please email your resume to Ellen at Jobs.VancouverDowntownBC@ExpressPros.com today!
Express Office: Vancouver (Downtown)
555 West Hastings
Vancouver, BC V6B 4N6