Maintenance Mechanic 3rd Shift
Located in Lampasas, TX
The Maintenance Mechanic will monitor, repair and maintain the plants’ production equipment as well as perform maintenance on the facility and its utilities. Including, performing preventative maintenance tasks on assigned equipment, setting up and testing equipment for startup, and inspecting, lubricating and making necessary repairs to equipment.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain processing equipment both mechanical and electrical
- Inspect, recognize potential problems, and take appropriate action to prevent component failure
- Monitor machinery to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate within the Maintenance Planner to schedule and develop routine and preventative maintenance schedules
- Assist Team Leaders and Machine Operators in efficient line start up and equipment adjustments
- Perform building maintenance and repairs as needed to include carpentry, plumbing, and painting
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, GMPs, and SOPs
- Work safely and promote a safe work environment
- Weld and fabricate machinery when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college coursework preferred.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems and components including chains, sprockets, gears, bushings, bearings, gear boxes and other moving parts
- Previous Ammonia Refrigeration experience or equivalent education preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with coworkers, supervisors and department managers required
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The work environment may be noisy, dusty, slippery, hot or cold, depending on the particular product and manufacturing processes being carried out. Workers are required to regularly wash their hands with anti-bacterial soap and wear protective clothing including hair nets, gloves, masks and overalls, which will help avoid contaminating products.
3rd Shift 10:00pm to 7:00am
Express Office: Temple
200 West Calhoun Avenue
Temple, TX 76501