Warehouse Team Lead
Located in Buffalo, NY
Salary: $20.75 - $30.75
Express Employment Professionals are seeking 2 Shift Leaders for a Company that specializes in the Manufacturing of medical products located in the Buffalo, NY area.
Job Summary: The Warehouse Team Lead coordinates activities and schedules warehouse employees, to include material handlers and spiders, to meet the needs of the production rooms. The team lead assists in the indirect supervision of 4 to 15 employees in the Warehouse Department. The Warehouse Team Lead will assist in direct supervision of employees in assigned area. The Warehouse Team Lead will carry out lead responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
2nd & 3rd shift available
Pay rate: $20.75 - $30.75/HR (Based on Experience)
- Possess complete knowledge of the material handling procedures and inventory cycle counting procedures.
- Responsible for transactions and investigation of cycle counting for area of responsibility.
- Daily review of Work in Process.
- Daily review of finished goods to include green tag process.
- Maintain inventory and movement of materials from chemical supply room.
- Maintain and address back order board.
- Contacts Supply Chain and Operations for material shortages and escalates as appropriate to Warehouse Manager.
- Possesses complete knowledge of role of Water Spider, Water Beetle and Shipping and Receiving Clerks..
- Assigns the pulling of pick sheets to Warehouse Material Handlers and Spiders to meet production schedules.
- Responsible for training warehouse personnel to ensure compliance with organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Trains and supports warehouse material handlers and spiders on procedures to be followed in order to meet needs of the production room.
- Trains warehouse personnel to standardized work.
- Understanding of Facility and IT service request data base. Contacts Facility Maintenance/IT for equipment/tool problems and escalates as appropriate.
- Communication from shift to shift (minimum of ¼ hour before and ¼ after shift tie in).
- Provides input for warehouse employee performance reviews.
- Review pick list to ensure material traceability.
- Responsible for the management of the QA bond as applicable to the warehouse.
- Ensure records for fork trucks are maintained and up to date. The percentage of time spent on this task may vary from shift to shift depended upon the demand of operations and other departmental request within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monitors daily warehouse processes for assigned room to ensure production receives materials needed to complete job orders.
- Communicates with Warehouse Supervisor to make necessary changes for pulling and staging of WIP, both raw materials and of product.
Team Leaders are responsible for making sure that all employees comply with safety rules and regulations. Team leaders have the authority to take corrective action as appropriate.
The team leader''s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting and maintaining enthusiasm with respect to safety.
- Carrying out safety policy and procedures as directed by the department manager.
- Starting accident investigations when an employee is injured or reports a near miss, notifying the department supervisor of the investigation.
- Assuring that employees are provided with and wear proper protective equipment.
- Participating in safety meetings and providing ideas to improve the safety function.
- Basic computer skills associated with traditional PC based software such as Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to work any shift including 2nd and 3rd shifts.
- Working knowledge of inventory systems, standard operating procedures, and ISO standards.
Interested and qualified applicants please submit resume to Renay.Tucci@ExpressPros.com or Call to schedule an interview.
Express Employment Professionals
3140 Sheridan Drive
Amherst, NY 14226
Express Office: Buffalo
3140 Sheridan Drive
Amherst, NY 14226