Located in KENT, WA
Express Employment has a client in the South King County area seeking Mig Welders. These positions are with a healthy and stable company and provide career advancement opportunities.
Responsibilities and Scope:
Performs skilled production welding of steel, alloy, and aluminum structures and components
Essential Functions (Listed in order of % of time)
- Loads, unloads, and places into position a variety of welding fixtures, depending on the production team needs.
- Measures distances using precision devices. Verifies accuracy by comparing to measurement specifications.
- Prepares welding equipment for proper usage. Verifies proper energy source and supplies. Prepares the layout of equipment to perform as needed. Moves equipment in to proper location to maximize safety, function, and quality.
- Assures that welds conform to quality standards and product specifications.
- Orients, oversees, participates in and reviews the work performed by Welding Technicians and Helpers.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Knowledge and Skills
- Requires 1 year experience of MIG welding techniques and special skill at setup, verification, and operation of welding equipment.
- High school diploma, or equivalent, plus one year of production welding experience and/or one year of MIG welding experience with steel, special alloys, and aluminum. Formal technical education in welding can substitute for experience.
- Requires sufficient welding skill to comply with client quality standards and product specifications. Requires working knowledge of blueprint layouts and symbols.
- Requires working knowledge of client quality principles, safe work habits, and continuous improvement methods
- Requires skill at resolving work station-related problems affecting equipment, production, or quality. Requires sufficient human relations skill to convey information to and maintain harmony with team members
- Requires working knowledge of production processes and equipment
Text Weld to 253-850-1344 to start our remote hiring process or apply below!
Express Office: Kent
841 Central Avenue North
Kent, WA 98032