Delivery Driver - Green House Products
Located in Delaware, OH
Salary: up to $15.00/hr
Up to $15.00/hr
1. Operates company vehicle in a professional, safe, and courteous manner.*
2. Responsible for loading and unloading truks.*
3. Ensures delivery of appropriate merchandise in accordance with customer invoices.*
4. Ensures all return product and empty products are brought back to Thorsens.*
5. Ensures delivery vehicles are clean, fueled, and in good working condition.*
6. Performs pre- and post-delivery vehicle inspection and maintenance.*
7. Ensures customer messages and communications are relayed to delivery manager promptly.*
8. Maintains Department of Transportation log book on a daily basis when required.*
9. Reports delivery problems to management immediately.*
10. Provides management with receipt and/or credit form for merchandise to be picked up.*
11. Checks product in stores and pulls bad product*
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or several month’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
• Valid Ohio Driver’s License
• Department of Transportation Medical Card
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of clear vision at 20 inches or less, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high or precarious places; and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Pay usually starts at $14 hour and can go higher based on experience.
6838 Flags Center Dr.
Columbus, OH 43226
( Intersection of I-270, Cleveland Ave., Shrock Rd. )
96 West William St.
Delaware, OH 43015
Express Office: Delaware (Columbus North)
96 West William Street
Delaware, OH 43015