IT Business Analyst
Located in Medford, OR
The IT Business Analyst will provide application support to the business and IT by ensuring the effective operation and use of the systems in accomplishing business objectives. The IT team will rely on this position to function as a liaison between the business units and IT teams to identify and document business needs and manufacturing processes and ensure the systems and applications provided support those needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop an understanding of all business processes and functions (including sales, production scheduling, manufacturing, and inventory control) and the IT systems and applications that support those business functions.
- Elicit business requirements, rules and data needs from staff across organizational and geographic boundaries using a variety of methods, such as conducting user interviews, site visits, process observation, document analysis, etc.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs. Be forward-thinking and identify gaps between customer-requested functionality and current/future corporate objectives. Identify and communicate opportunities for systems modifications to improve processes and increase productivity.
- Prepare comprehensive, detailed business requirements which translate the user and business needs into specific software requirements. Documentation will include, where appropriate, data and workflow diagrams, use cases, screen and interface design, etc. Participate in technical design sessions, working with the IT development team, to provide insight during solution development.
- Lead application testing efforts, including preparation of test plans, coordination of user acceptance testing, tracking and reporting of defects and requirements gaps.
- Partner with both business and technical groups to develop and maintain an effective working relationship, seek solutions and make recommendations that meet sponsor and stakeholder needs. Assist the development team through designing, coding, testing, deployment, and support of all IT projects and business applications.
- Assist in the creation of IT and user documentation, including network diagrams, system implementation procedures, user manuals, business processes, policies and procedures, etc.
- Provide exceptional customer service for reported application issues – researching and identifying problems and working with IT towards a quick and appropriate resolution.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and management.
- Manage meetings effectively by setting agendas, maintaining focus and identifying action items. Provide timely status reports to management of task/project status.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills, including the ability to maintain several concurrent projects while providing realistic delivery dates and managing customer expectations.
- Ability to research and diagnose system problems, which may include the evaluation of programming logic, databases, system output and other application issues.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving abilities. Must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience in business analyst or comparable position.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science/MIS or related field.
- Basic understanding of business practices, including sales and production cycles.
- Understanding of Microsoft Dynamics AX application along with basic knowledge of VB, .Net, Access, and/or SQL preferred.
Express Office: Medford
3523 Arrowhead Drive
Medford, OR 97504