Assistant Maintenance Manager
Located in Bend, OR
A growing ODA-licensed hemp processing facility is seeking an experienced Assistant Maintenance Manager to join their team!
What You Get to Do!
The Assistant Maintenance Manager ensures all equipment and systems are safe, reliable and in good working order, minimizing unscheduled downtime and performing preventative and predictive maintenance. Supervises maintenance technicians, maintains tracking systems, manages outsourced maintenance projects, troubleshoots problems and suggests improvements to systems
- Assure that equipment-related downtime in operations is minimal.
- Helps define the training required for technicians, keeps track of training records and recommendations for improvement.
- From the weekly production schedule; set the daily and weekly maintenance schedule covering production and maintenance department needs.
- Works with technicians as required ensuring equipment is running.
- Uses and maintains computerized tracking systems for preventative maintenance requirements and equipment history, parts inventory, and other necessary records.
- Prints down time reports as required from this system.
- Builds and/or installs equipment modifications per oral instructions, sketches, prints or samples. •
- Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, technical manuals and machine operation manuals.
- Analyzes equipment problems and breakdowns and diagnoses causes and corrections for mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic repairs.
- Repair and maintenance of building/production systems such as pumps, piping, chillers,, compressors, plumbing, electrical and HVAC.
- Helps track all department expenses to help maintain the department budget.
- Analyses and suggests improvements for production and building systems equipment.
- Manages out-sourced maintenance projects as assigned.
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining Quality programs.
- Other duties, as assigned
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- One or more of the following:
- Two-year Associates Degree or higher in technical field (mechanical, electrical, mechatronics, electro-mechanical, controls and automation, etc.)
- Completed apprenticeship in mechanic, mechanical maintenance, or electro-mechanical, electrical, or related field
- Military training and experience in a relevant Military Occupational Specialty (MOS)
- 5+ years’ experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment, food preferred
- Previous maintenance experience in a highly regulated manufacturing facility.
- PLC troubleshooting or programming experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience building collaborative relationships with industry, trade, other associations, regulatory agencies and Company staff.
- Criminal background check
- WORKPLACE SAFETY experience
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the following physical job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- May be required to climb ladders, work at heights, and do occasional heavy lifting
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced setting
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702