Located in Menomonee, WI
Salary: $25.00 / Hour
This is a Direct Hire Opportunity
A toolmaker will plan and perform setups and operations to produce a variety of tools, jigs, simple fixtures, small machine parts, chuck jaws, and clocks for dressing attachments. Toolmaker is responsible for the quality of their own work. Must take necessary action to minimize delay time and maximize production.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Setup and operate various machining and secondary equipment to finish build to print components.
- Use computer-aided manufacturing software to supplement cutting tool paths on intricate shaped-work pieces.
- Select cutting tools and corresponding speeds and feeds to ensure efficient processing.
- Verify finished components meet print requirements via the use of standard tool maker gauging (micrometers, calipers, gauge blocks, height stands, indicators, profilometers, etc.).
- The toolmaker may need to work with inspection lab personnel if other gauging methods are required (CMM’s, tracers, etc.)
- Modify tooling or cutting tools as needed to complete tasks.
- Assemble and test work-holding or gauging as part of the initial build to ensure proper functionality before sending it to the production floor.
- Review issues with work-holding fixtures or chucks found on the production floor, diagnose the problem to determine root cause and work to resolve.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on production work-holding and gauging.
- Must be able to understand blueprints including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Is responsible for the quality of own work.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as directed by the supervisor. Must maintain a good attendance record.
Required Skills and Education:
- One-year certificate from college or technical school;
- Six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our Client is a global leader in casting technology and North America’s largest supplier of ductile iron. Our castings range from 1 to 2,000 pounds and include highly complex and safety-critical designs. With quality monitoring, testing and verification to ensure all of our products meet or exceed industry and customer standards, machining for aluminum, iron and steel components, and strategically located facilities within a convenient shipping range of our primary markets.
Express Office: Brookfield
17550 West Bluemound Road
Brookfield, WI 53045