Lead Extraction Operator
Located in Bend, OR
A growing ODA-licensed hemp processing facility is seeking an experienced Lead Extraction Operator to join their team!
Where You Get to Live!
Redmond, Oregon is located in the heart of Central Oregon! Nestled in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of the region at: https://vimeo.com/200038114
What You Get to Do!
The Lead Extraction Operator will be responsible for all ethanol extraction and solvent recovery operations, quality assurance, operator training, safety awareness and personnel. This job includes significant record-keeping and regulatory compliance duties to ensure compliance with GMP standards. Most importantly, the Extraction Manager will be a team-player and a respectful collaborator, always using their position to grow the company through the empowerment and development of others.
- Operate and manage the high-throughput progression of product from biomass prep through cold ethanol extraction, filtration, and recycling of the resulting crude oil
- Produce consistent, high quality end products using company SOP’s, assist in optimization of SOP’s as requested
- Create new and improved tinctures and crude oil products based on various biomass sources/strains
- Ensure departmental regulatory compliance, including safety, environmental and document control requirements.
- Resolve any conflict respectfully and in a timely manner, addressing and resolving problems in order to create a culture of engagement and high-performance
- Maintain equipment reliability throughout the extraction process
- Support the organization by ensuring operations efficiency, implement and improving cost reduction strategies.
- Investigate all adverse events, errors and complaints; participate in root cause investigations.
- Manage the secure storage of all biomass, extracts and intermediate chemicals
- Monitor and replace filter elements as required, adjust filter system pressures and flow rates as instructed by the Plant Manager.
- Participate in new hire interviews and training of extraction department personnel
What You Will Need:
- A minimum of one year of experience in botanical extractions (ethanol-based)
- Two or more years of supervisory experience in an industrial/production setting
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Engineering or a related field preferred. Willing to consider significant experience in lieu of degree.
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
- Exposure to a fast paced and deadline related environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of management and organizational concepts, principles, and techniques with demonstrated professional assertiveness.
- Experience complying with GMP standards and applicant industrial workplace safety regulations (OSHA, NFPA, etc)
- Excellent critical thinking skills to be able to troubleshoot any issues with the processes and instrumentation.
- Strong math and computer skills, including ability to create and interpret data.
- Criminal background check
For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702