Lead Distillation Operator
Located in Bend, OR
A growing ODA-licensed hemp processing facility is seeking an experienced Lead Distillation Operator to join their team!
Where You Get to Live!
Redmond, Oregon is located in the heart of Central Oregon! Nestled in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of the region at: https://vimeo.com/200038114
What You Get to Do!
The Lead Distillation Operator will control continuous state-of-the-art distillation equipment to process crude extract into high quality distillates:
- Verify distillation safety - Verify levels in feed tanks and collection vessels; ensure safety of distillation activities; ensure compliance to legal regulations.
- Monitor distillation process - Identify and report problems or potential hazards by monitoring instruments, indicators and meters. Inspect piping, valves; tighten connections if necessary.
- Transfer crude oil extract - Prepare specific volumes of refined and unrefined materials for storage; transfer materials that require further processing.
- Keep task records - Organize and classify records of prepared reports and correspondence related to the performed work and progress records of tasks.
- Clean Still and associated equipment - Clean tanks, process piping, production area; use tools such as heat gun, wipes, cleaning solutions.
- Maintain distillation equipment - Maintain and repair equipment, including vacuum pumps, heaters and chillers; identify and report damaged or malfunctioning equipment.
- Use computer equipment or digital devices to facilitate quality control, data management, and communication. Follow instructions given by Plant Manager, create computer files or documents.
- Operate distillation equipment - Operate controls and other distillation equipment in order to monitor and adjust product flow, pressure, temperature, etc.
- Prepare crude oil feedstock for distillation by warming, weighing, transfer to feed tank.
- Collect, weigh distillate and byproducts, transfer to appropriate containers, store in assigned locations.
- Set equipment controls - Adjust equipment controls to produce required volumes and required product quality. Take into account lab recommendations, schedules and test results.
What You Will Need:
- A minimum of one year of distillation experience of crude oil (ethanol) extract, working knowledge of short-path, wiped-film, and/or rolled-film distillation systems
- Two or more years of supervisory experience in an industrial/production setting
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Engineering or a related field preferred. Willing to consider significant experience in lieu of degree.
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
- Exposure to a fast paced and deadline-related environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of management and organizational concepts, principles, and techniques with demonstrated professional competence.
- Experience complying with GMP and applicant industrial workplace safety regulations (OSHA, NFPA, etc)
- Excellent critical thinking skills to troubleshoot any issues with the processes and instrumentation.
- Strong math and computer skills, including ability to create and interpret data.
- Criminal background check
For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702